Posted in Other 7 days ago.
Location: Somerville, Massachusetts
As a not-for-profit organization, Mass General Brigham is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Mass General Brigham supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Mass General Brigham is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Mass General Brigham values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
Mass General Brigham (MGB) is engaged in a new system wide initiative to provide leading advisory services and affiliation opportunities to healthcare institutions around the world. Mass General Brigham Global Advisory is an exciting new business which combines a broad set of capabilities from the academic medical centers and specialty hospitals within the health care system with a significant investment program to take the business to the next level by developing and enhancing the platform and driving broad-based growth.
This role provides critical legal support and advice for Mass General Brigham Global Advisory, reporting to the Section Head of Network Development/Corporate Services within the Office of General Counsel at MGB.
The OGC team is highly collaborative, collegial, and dedicated to providing the strategic legal advice and guidance necessary to fulfill the system's four-part clinical, research, academic and community mission. The work is challenging, fast-paced and satisfying. We offer a flexible work environment that includes the opportunity to work remotely on a part or full-time basis.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Advises on all aspects of Mass General Brigham's fast-paced advisory services business, both nationally and globally. Illustrative projects include advisory services for health system development and design; support for the planning; construction and start-up of greenfield hospitals and other new healthcare facilities; development of Centers of Excellence in oncology, cardiology, or rehabilitation services
• Serves as a key player in the drafting, reviewing, and negotiating of advisory services agreements and brand license agreements, ranging from exploratory, short-term engagements to multi-year, high-dollar, complex commercial transactions that may include revenue sharing and equity components
• Serves as lead in externally facing legal negotiations with counterpart counsel from potential and active clients and partners
• Supports business leaders, colleagues, and other stakeholders to recognize and manage risks, employ risk-mitigation strategies, and manage regulatory and contractual compliance and operational matters
• Presents legal advice and data in a manner that supports accurate and timely strategic business decisions
• Supports setup and operations of overseas legal entities in support of Mass General Brigham advisory services business
• Collaborates with Office of General Counsel colleagues and business clients responsible for Mass General Brigham's rapidly expanding telemedicine and other digital health offerings
• Assisted by outside counsel, addresses, and manages cross-border legal questions, including but not limited to choice-of-law, dispute resolution, tax, health information privacy and intellectual property
• Works closely with tax division of Mass General Brigham and external tax consultants to provide interpretation and counsel for legal issues pertaining to tax liability for global and domestic advisory services
• Interprets laws, rulings and regulations related to the foregoing corporate functions and keeps up to date with current developments in these areas
• Participates in such other matters arising out of the Network Development/Corporate Services section as assigned by the Section Head
• J.D. from an accredited law school, licensed and in good standing before a state bar in the United States, with at least seven years of transactional and contract negotiation experience in a law firm representing large organizations, plus in-house experience preferred
• Experience with international transactions and associated legal issues is preferred
• Passion for global business with long-term career interest in global healthcare
• Strong academic credentials, writing and oral communication and analytical skills
• Practical and solution-oriented with ability to balance compliance and business interests
• Ability to maintain a strong presence in internal and external client meetings and to represent Mass General Brigham's interests effectively
• Demonstrated commitment to operating in a team environment and working collaboratively on cross functional teams
• Strong organizational skills as well as demonstrated ability in project and time management
• Demonstrated commitment to principles of equity
Mass General Brigham is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.
PUMA North America, Inc.
Mass General Brigham Ambulatory