Posted in Other 6 days ago.
Location: dover, New Hampshire
Wentworth-Douglass Hospital, an affiliate of Mass General Brigham, is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community. We place great value on being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization as we aim to reflect the diversity of the patients we serve. At Mass General Brigham, we believe in equal access to quality care, employment and advancement opportunities encompassing the full spectrum of human diversity: race, gender, sexual orientation, ability, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other forms of human presence and expression that make us better able to provide innovative and cutting-edge healthcare and research.
Wentworth-Douglass Hospital remains among the nation's top hospitals for patient experience as a recipient of the Healthgrades 2021 Outstanding Patient Experience Award for the eighth consecutive year. Wentworth-Douglass Hospital is renowned as one of the largest acute care hospitals in the Seacoast region of New Hampshire and Southern Maine. At Wentworth-Douglass, we value people who contribute to patient-centered care that enhances community health; we recognize and reward those who share our values and transform our patients' lives. We invite you to explore opportunities, cultivate community wellness and professional growth.
1. Assists patients in resolving minor difficulties, answering their questions and giving directions to patients as authorized by the dentist or dental hygienist.
a. Receives and places necessary telephone calls consistent with professional matters, clinic business and patient care.
2. Serves as dentist's or dental hygienist's chair-side assistant.
. Prepares operators for patient treatment as per the dentist's or dental hygienist's directions.
a. Exposes and develops digital dental radiographs in accordance with state regulations and law as well as The Dental Center's directive and protocol.
b. Monitors patient flow, and assists dentists and dental hygienists in assuring that all patient records and documents are properly and accurately completed.
c. Performs independent procedures as delegated and directed by the dentist in accordance with state regulation and law and the Dental Center's protocol.
3. Responsible for inventory control of dental instruments and supplies, as well as maintenance of Dental Center equipment.
. Maintains Dental Center equipment in accordance with manufacturer's directions.
a. Maintains adequate operatory supplies and compiles a list of individual item shortages for inventory control and ordering purposes.
4. Participates in appropriate health promotion/disease prevention activities, both on-site and off-site as required.
. Travels, when necessary, to meet operational needs.
5. Performs and maintains all functions related to the sterilization process in compliance with the Dental Center's directives and protocols.
. Insures the sterility of all reusable dental instruments and equipment in full compliance with the Dental Center's directive and protocols.
a. Insures the proper disposal of all contaminated or potentially contaminated materials in accordance with Dental Center policy as well as state and federal regulations.
6. Maintains all areas in compliance with the Dental Center directives and protocols as well as policies and procedures relative to infection control, exposure control and safety issues.
. Performs all functions in full compliance with the Dental Center's Exposure Control Plan including, but not limited to, the use of Personal Protective Equipment and Universal Precautions.
a. Responsible for personal compliance in full with all applicable federal, state, local and Center rules, regulations, protocols and procedures including, but not limited to, the participation of a Dental Assistant in the provision of clinical dental care, as well as those relating to, but not limited to, personnel issues, work place safety, public health and confidentiality.
7. Assists with various clinical and administrative functions of the Dental Center as appropriate and time permits.
. As directed by a supervisor, performs other related and/or necessary tasks to achieve organizational and programmatic goals and objectives.
Experience Minimum Required
• 3 to 12 months experience
• Completion of accredited course in dental assisting preferred or sealant certified.
Education Minimum Required
• High school diploma or GED certificate plus Dental Radiology Certification.
• Post secondary education.
• Certified Dental Assistant preferred.
Special Skills Minimum Required
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• The ability to attend to multiple tasks at the same time and to prioritize assignments and responsibilities to ensure compliance with established deadlines and protocols.
Licensure and/or Certifications Required
• Dental Radiology Certification plus CPR
Wentworth-Douglass Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law. We will ensure that all individuals with a disability are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.