Posted in Other 12 days ago.
Location: dover, New Hampshire
At Wentworth-Douglass, we value people who contribute to patient-centered care that enhances community health; we recognize and reward those who share our values and transform our patients' lives. We invite you to explore opportunities, cultivate community wellness and professional growth.
a.Appropriately assesses, plans, implements and evaluates patient care, specific to population served.
b.Follows policies/procedures, clinical practice standards pertinent to care, including emergency situations.
c.Matches formal knowledge with clinical events to make decisions.
d.Demonstrates the ability to provide competent, effective care.
e.Seeks validation for clinical decisions, integrates input from other clinicians for decision making.
f.Prioritizes and organizes work appropriately to effectively meet patient needs.
g.Appropriately delegates to and supervises team members based on assessment of competencies, within scope of practice to ensure appropriate implementation of care.
h.Collaborates & communicates relevant patient data to appropriate persons clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing (e.g. handoffs).
i.Effectively develops teaching plan and regularly integrates teaching into patient care.
.Recognizes available resources/tools for meeting patient/family needs.
a.Completes assignments in an efficient and timely manner, requesting and utilizing resources appropriately.
b.Documents patient assessment, plan, interventions and response in accordance with applicable policies and procedures.
c.Communicates with Nurse Manager/ or designee about availability and management of supplies, system equipment and personnel resources at unit/department level.
d.Demonstrates contribution to unit-based programs and strategies to monitor and continuously improve the quality of patient care.
e.Optimizes use of staff (overtime, agency, skill mix, etc.) based on unit census and patient acuity.
.Shows commitment to learning new knowledge and skills to enhance service to patients/ families and achieve organizational goals.
a.Implements and validates practices based upon current nursing evidence.
b.Advances the profession by assisting in clinical education and orientation of other staff and students; may function as preceptor for new staff.
c.Uses available resources to answer questions in regards to best practices, reflects upon practices on an on going basis.
d.Identifies opportunities for improvement in processes of care and other improvements at a unit level.
e.Actively participates in the collection and use of data and/or evaluation relative to unit-based performance improvements.
4.UNIT SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
.Participates in selection of and completes all unit-specific competencies.
a.Articulates Nursing Sensitive Indicators and quality goals for unit and describes role in accomplishing expectations; describes role and participates in quality improvement initiatives.
• One year RN in acute care hospital setting.
Education Minimum Required
• RN program completion.
• BSN or enrollment in BSN program.
Special Skills Minimum Required
• Ability to work in a fast paced critical care environment.
• Can adapt approach based on patient needs.
• Can work with technology and flexible with adapting to new innovation.
Licensure and/or Certifications Required
• Registered Nursing License
• AHA or ARC BLS
• PALS and NRP within 1st year of hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
• The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Wentworth-Douglass Physicians Organization(WDP)
University of Connecticut
University of Connecticut