The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
An Entertainment Company is seeking a Network Ops Engineer (Nexus) in Burbank, CA.
Supporting this client's environment will be an exciting opportunity for any prospective candidate as it has been well-established with some of the finest technologies and supporting personnel within Atos. The primary responsibility of the of a Network Engineer will be to ensure all facets of the regional network services are meeting/exceeding requirements set by Atos and the customer. This responsibility will be shared with a team of other Network Engineering counterparts.
The Network Engineer will be responsible for the delivery of network services provided by teams directly supporting the Atos managed network services. As such, the candidate will be supported by a talented cast of technical managers and engineering staff. Additionally, the engineer will be supported by a project management office, network operations center, strategy and architecture, network monitoring, tools, reporting, asset management and billing support teams who are dedicated to the account.
Primary Job Functions:
• Configure and support Cisco wireless access points with a good understanding of wireless controllers
• Perform troubleshooting and monitoring of incidents queues and executing network changes as required after business hours.
• Opens and monitor TAC cases with our vendors as required
• Adheres to all change control processes and configuration standards
• Attends daily incidents and change control meetings as well as conducting troubleshooting bridges with peers, vendors and customers
• Ensure timely and accurate communications to the customer are occurring
Secondary Job Functions:
• Review network change scripts for accuracy to mitigate induced outages and assuring changes meet corporate standards configurations
• Perform network captures using protocol analyzers and Wireless flukes
• Provide real time support during changes as needed
• Train and mentors' peers and junior level engineers
• Completes administrative duties updating network inventories, support documentation (Visio)
• Assist manager in identifying issues and process improvements
Skills & Requirements
• 5+ years as a hands-on network engineer implementing, and supporting a large enterprise network is required
• Configure, troubleshoot and support Cisco routers (3900 and 3800 series), switches (9300, 3700, 6500, 2960 series, ASR's, Nexus 5500 and 7000)
• Industry certifications (e.g.: CCNA, CCNP) a must.
• Aruba/Arista would be great not required
• Nexus is a MUST Have
• Advanced working expertise of BGP and EIGRP routing protocols as well as TCP/IP, Multicast, LON and protocol redistribution - Should be able to configure these protocols from scratch and troubleshoot these technologies in a production environment
• Advanced working expertise of LAN technologies (HSRP, STP, VLANs and IP-subnetting)
• Strong working expertise of WLAN technologies (Controllers, WAPs, Cisco Prime and 802.11 fundamentals)
Education / Experience:
• Good working knowledge of network cabling infrastructure and specifications
• Experience with corporate change management procedures (design and peer review)
• Understanding of general project planning principles expected
• BA/BS Degree preferred
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends . Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there's a position you really want, you're fully prepared to get it.
Additionally, this position is a contract role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information.
Bobs Discount Furniture