The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
Cognizant is seeking a AIA Senior Apache Developer in Portland, OR.
Contracting at Cognizant will see you working with the world's leading companies to improve everyday life. Unlike many IT gigs, Cognizant's unique consultative approach will see you help clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses with the latest tech, not just deliver a standard project.
Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant serves 177 of the Fortune 500, and has enjoyed consecutive years of growth, so you'll never be short of finding your next gig with them. Plus you'll enjoy many of the perks you'd expect from one of the most admired companies in the world.
Skills & Requirements
• Good knowledge in Python/Apache Spark/Data Management
• Strong problem solving and analytical mindset
• Experience building scalable real time and high performance cloud data lake solutions
• Experience with relational SQL (Teradata, Oracle, RDS) and scripting languages such Python/Scala
• Hands on coder who understands the concepts behind distributed databases batch and stream processing
• Experience building and shipping data production pipelines sourcing data from a diverse array of sources
• Experience with Hadoop and related processing frameworks such as Spark Hive Sqoop Kafka Nifi and Airflow
• Experience working on NoSQL databases such as Hbase and DynamoDB Understanding on Rest API
• Maintaining CICD frameworks & ability to influence and communicate effectively with team members and business partners
• Experience with source control tools such as GitHub and related dev process
• Experience with workflow scheduling orchestration tools
• Hands on experience of cleaning preparing and optimizing data for ingestion and consumption
As Cognizant's chosen recruitment partner we have this role exclusively, so you will work with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of Cognizant, the role, the Information Technology industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers and so can keep you in mind when future gigs like this come up with Cognizant. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there's a position you really want, you're fully prepared to get it.
Additionally, this position is a contract role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1127370
Beacon Hill Staffing Group