The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
Cognizant is seeking a AIA Data Architect in Orlando, FL.
The responsibilities for the Data Architect include:
• Overall data design and modeling across all of the organization's data systems especially for major data platforms (data warehouses data lakes master data management).
• Data management responsibilities across multiple data systems: data governance data mastering metadata management data definitions semantic-layer design taxonomies etc.
• Architecting and delivering highly scalable and flexible yet cost effective enterprise data solutions.
• Architects the future state solution for projects leveraging existing platforms where appropriate.
• Establish the technology strategy and roadmaps for the portfolio of data platforms and services across the organization.
• Documenting the existing data flows and creating a high level component diagram of the processes feeding into reporting and analytics platform
• Designing and documenting data architecture at multiple levels (high-level to detailed) and across multiple views (conceptual logical physical data flow and sequence diagrams).
• Providing active "hands-on" architectural guidance and leadership through the entire lifecycle of development projects.
• Translating business requirements into conceptual and detailed technology solutions.
• Building proof-of-concept systems as needed in order to demonstrate how a platform would work to solve specific business challenges.
• Working with business partners and the Data Governance Committee to govern attributes in relation to master data domains.
• Maintaining fluency with data advancements in the industry and marketplace and staying current with vendor product offerings and common and emerging technologies continuously learning new data technologies and introducing these into the organization where appropriate.
• Cross-training peers and mentoring teammates.
Contracting at Cognizant will see you working with the world's leading companies to improve everyday life. Unlike many IT gigs, Cognizant's unique consultative approach will see you help clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses with the latest tech, not just deliver a standard project.
Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant serves 177 of the Fortune 500, and has enjoyed consecutive years of growth, so you'll never be short of finding your next gig with them. Plus you'll enjoy many of the perks you'd expect from one of the most admired companies in the world.
Skills & Requirements
• Expertise in data architecture and design for both structured and unstructured data.
• Expertise in data modeling.
• Understanding of Solutions Architecture methodology and practices.
• Deep familiarity working with relational database systems including Microsoft SQL Server or similar.
• Knowledge of Master Data Management solutions.
• Strong knowledge and experience with data warehouses and data marts including a strong understanding of the Kimball Methodology.
• Understanding of how Data Lakes work and what their place is in an Operating Platform Model.
• Oversee and approve design of data solutions for projects and programs collaborating with the Enterprise and Solution
• Architects for the overall solution design approach.
• Oversee and lead the design of data integration for enterprise systems including integration to SaaS and COTS solutions.
• Define and maintain a holistic data strategy for the Enterprise including reference architectures and design patterns
• Partner with IT Plan Build and Run teams on the implementation of the data designs.
• Provide hands-on expert level assistance to the Project/Product Delivery Team Members for technical issues.
• Fluency in cloud-based data storage offerings.
As Cognizant's chosen recruitment partner we have this role exclusively, so you will work with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of Cognizant, the role, the Information Technology industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers and so can keep you in mind when future gigs like this come up with Cognizant. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there's a position you really want, you're fully prepared to get it.
Additionally, this position is a contract role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1127205