The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
A Global Provider of Financial Services Technology Company is seeking a QA (SQL, Jira, qTest) in Greenwood Village, CO.
• Work with Technical and Business groups to define the scope of testing required
• Define and execute test plans to ensure the delivery of quality software applications
• Lead and participate in test planning and quality review sessions
• Oversee the writing of test cases/scripts which may include application, network, system, regression and user acceptance testing
• Lead test projects with minimal supervision
• Participate in daily calls as needed for coordination of efforts.
• Perform technical testing activities including planning, design, scripting, and execution, debugging and reporting
• Create and execute automated and manual tests for large projects.
• Research new tools and testing approaches.
• Perform post-test execution activities including error debugging, and internal and external communications
• Assist with testing execution for all system components, including functional and integration testing, ensuring traceability from requirements to test cases, documenting test cases and generating reports; generating software quality related metrics
• Work with multiple programs and systems on projects of high complexity
• Provide technical leadership, mentoring, and training to less experienced individuals.
• Project Leadership:
• Provide quality and test advocacy.
• Perform planning, organizing, monitoring, and oversight of all phases of testing.
• Work closely with project manager and others to ensure business testing requirements are being met.
Skills & Requirements
• 5 years experience testing web applications
• Experience using SQL for test data creation and verification
• Experience with test case development and execution tools such as Jira Test Management, qTest, or other
• Experience with test case automation design and implementation
• Journeyman knowledge of information systems elements (hardware, software, network) and their application to business functions/processes.
• Understanding of the key processes in the business and the business rules that impact the development and/or implementation of information systems
• Self-starting and comfortable with independently creating test plans and test scenarios with minimum assistance using application and requirement documentation
• Works well with ambiguity and changing requirements
• Drives continuous improvement through all processes, including but not limited to, team standards, test planning, resourcing and test execution, as well as debugging, metric collection, and reporting.
• Will need to pass a US Government background check.
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends . Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there's a position you really want, you're fully prepared to get it.
Additionally, this position is a contract role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1127160
The Select Group
The Select Group
The Select Group