The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
Cognizant is seeking a Hadoop Prod Support in Hartford, CT.
Contracting at Cognizant will see you working with the world's leading companies to improve everyday life. Unlike many IT gigs, Cognizant's unique consultative approach will see you help clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses with the latest tech, not just deliver a standard project.
Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant serves 177 of the Fortune 500, and has enjoyed consecutive years of growth, so you'll never be short of finding your next gig with them. Plus you'll enjoy many of the perks you'd expect from one of the most admired companies in the world.
Skills & Requirements
• Strong Hadoop Hive Python Unix Shell scripting experience.
• Exceptional troubleshooting skills in the following: Unix Shell scripting Hive.
• Respond to ServiceNow Incident tickets in case of Production Job failures.
• Work flexible schedules which may include evenings weekends or holidays.
• Resolve customer technical issues through diligent research reproduction and troubleshooting followed by RCA.
• Construct and maintain ELT/ETL job processes sourcing from disparate systems throughout the enterprise and load into an enterprise data lake.
• Effectively acquire and translate user requirements into technical specifications to develop automated data pipelines to satisfy business demand.
• Comprehensive understanding of modern data architecture and enterprise data management frameworks concepts and best practices.
• Experience working with relational databases-Oracle MySQL PostgreSQL IBM DB2 SQL Server etc.
• Customer Facing Experience and Excellent Communication
• Hands-on working experience in GCP
As Cognizant's chosen recruitment partner we have this role exclusively, so you will work with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of Cognizant, the role, the Information Technology industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers and so can keep you in mind when future gigs like this come up with Cognizant. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there's a position you really want, you're fully prepared to get it.
Additionally, this position is a contract role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1127417
Keep Your Seats Filled
Keep Your Seats Filled
Health Services Advisory Group, Inc.