The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
Cognizant is seeking a ArcGIS Developer in Phoenix, AZ.
• Demonstrated ability to support business end users and production issues Solve and articulate complex problems with application design development and user experiences
• Setting up GIS software's for dev qa and prod Environment
• Troubleshooting production GIS system issues
• Ensure that ArcGIS software meets real-world usage scenarios
• Helping other software developers with techie matters as and when required - Executing all operations with agreement to rules regulations and norms of the company
• Participating with the customers to scheme develop and put geospatial software program packages into effective use
• Performing the roles and duties of a task leader as and when the situations demand for GIS
• Executing all other roles duties jobs and responsibilities of a Senior GIS Developer that require his/her supervision and direction
• Ensures the timely completion and approvals of project deliverables
• Manages technical resources within budget and project schedules - Identifies project risks and plans/implement mitigation actions
• Recommend new technologies and techniques for application development
Contracting at Cognizant will see you working with the world's leading companies to improve everyday life. Unlike many IT gigs, Cognizant's unique consultative approach will see you help clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses with the latest tech, not just deliver a standard project.
Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant serves 177 of the Fortune 500, and has enjoyed consecutive years of growth, so you'll never be short of finding your next gig with them. Plus you'll enjoy many of the perks you'd expect from one of the most admired companies in the world.
Skills & Requirements
• 10 years' experience in Design and Develop applications with ESRI products
• 5+ years of development experience with ArcFM and ArcGIS Enterprise Environment
• Experience on developing GIS-related applications with ESRI ArcObjects and ArcFM objects
• Having knowledge and experience in performance tuning SDE Databases
• Geodatabase Administration
• ArcSDE with Oracle
• Experience with electrical distribution and transmission systems in the GIS space
As Cognizant's chosen recruitment partner we have this role exclusively, so you will work with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of Cognizant, the role, the Information Technology industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers and so can keep you in mind when future gigs like this come up with Cognizant. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there's a position you really want, you're fully prepared to get it.
Additionally, this position is a contract role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1127281