The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
An American Company is seeking a Systems Engineer III in Remote / Greenwood Village, CO.
This position will report into the Subject Matter Expert Team. The team is responsible for the Video Platform, Legacy Guide Back offices, and databases belonging to the video platforms. Team members are responsible for project design, preparation work as related to designs, creation of MOPs (Methods of Procedure), and Maintenance window implementation and training of tier 4 teams.
Team members are also required to participate in an on-call rotation providing SME level support of supported platforms, and drive issues to resolution. This includes Problem resolution, post issue root cause analysis, preventative measure direction and additional training.
Applicants will require basic experience in installing and configuring software and configuration files in UNIX / Linux based environments. Basic ability to troubleshoot applications in a Unix / Linux environment. Capable of reading and understanding process flow diagrams. Also, preferable would be experience in Video Back Offices, Oracle RAC databases, and set-top client code.
Typical background level: Bachelor's Degree in related field, or 5+ yrs. equivalent work experience with Linux or Windows systems admin or Dev application support.
Skills & Requirements
• Familiar with Version Control Systems (GIT, SVN, RCS, CVS)
• Basic/Working Knowledge and Experience with automation software (e.g., Puppet, Ansible, Chef)
• Expert Ability to identify and troubleshoot issues in SQL (rational, and NO-SQL database environments (e.g. Oracle, Mongo, Cassandra)
• Advanced Networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP) Expert level Infrastructure knowledge (UCS, VSphere)
• Expert level experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Virtual Box)
• Expert ability to automate deployment and test/validation workflows
• Advanced understanding of VOD asset end-end workflow
• Basic understanding of SDV workflow
• Expert cloud experience, preferably in AWS
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends . Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there's a position you really want, you're fully prepared to get it.
Additionally, this position is a contract role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information.
Ted's Montana Grill