The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
An American Company is seeking a Biology Lab Manager in Princeton, NJ.
• Maintain working knowledge and application for biology laboratory instrumentation.
• Support metrology services for laboratory equipment, maintain and audit laboratory assets in asset management software on a quarterly basis, interface with service personnel to effect calibration and repair
• Develop and maintain working procedures/best practices for responsibilities and lab support processes.
• Maintain supplies of, and stock, laboratories with commonly used supplies (tips, centrifuge tubes, flasks, cell culture flasks, serological pipettes, etc.) and assist lab support personnel with stocking, cleaning, (including glass wash and autoclaving) and managing laboratory waste.
• Maintain sufficient working knowledge of common instrumentation to train scientific staff on use, daily maintenance and safe working procedures
• Work with Dept. Representatives to ensure accuracy and inventory control in liquid nitrogen freezers and other biospecimen repositories
• Maintain relationship with primary vendors for ordering lab supplies and support. Facilitate use of vendors to assist researchers with assay development and new equipment optimization. Help organize vendor shows and demonstrations.
• Interface with IT and scientific staff to ensure continuity of the lab compute environment (ensure updates to equipment specific software and hardware are timely and compatible with corporate systems)
• Support tissue culture labs with general cleaning, stocking and waste management
• Coordinate performance of regular prevention and remediation of bacterial and other contaminations including monthly testing for mycoplasma on lab surfaces and in incubators
• Maintain chemical inventories for all biological functions, Immunology, Biochemistry, Toxicology and Histopathology, manage disposal of unused/expired chemicals, interact with waste disposal vendor
• Help manage equipment moves, bench and equipment assignments or changes for contractors and fte's.
• Work with facilities on laboratory needs such as electrical, reconfiguration, equipment moves and data drops.
• Help train laboratory assistants to provide services including: stocking, ordering, troubleshooting equipment, freezer defrosting, liquid nitrogen tank maintenance, reagent prep, etc. that would assist the researchers in the laboratory.
• Participate in safety walks through of the laboratories to inspect the laboratories and encourage an overall safe working environment. Suggest improvements in the laboratories, where appropriate.
• Help maintain electronic pipette inventory and calibration.
• Maintain schedule for defrosting freezers, maintaining incubators.
• Be available to researchers to answer questions and find answers through research, or web searchers. Maintain a willingness to help resolve lab issues to the satisfaction of all parties.
• On a rotating basis with other operations personnel be on 24 hour notification for failure alarms on incubators, deli boxes, refrigerators, -20 freezers, -80 freezers. Respond to emergencies involving these same units no matter time of day and day of the week.
Skills & Requirements
• Basic knowledge of experimental biology and associated nomenclature
• Familiarity with the use and applications of common laboratory equipment
• Able to solve routine problems and troubleshoot technical issues
• Working knowledge of laboratory safety practices.
• Expertise with Microsoft Office Suite of programs including Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Ability to learn use of new software applications such as inventory management and purchasing software
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and attention to detail
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends . Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there's a position you really want, you're fully prepared to get it.
Additionally, this position is a contract role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information.
Digital Intelligence Systems, LLC