This employee works closely with the other members of a team to shot blast and paint equipment and parts. This position is a part of a team that rotates responsibilities.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Read information from computer terminals, written instructions, etc.
- Set up and adjust equipment using a variety of tools (i.e. wrenches, screwdrivers, etc.).
- Operate spray painting equipment to apply finish to equipment and parts.
- Maintain, clean, and monitor paint line and all equipment to ensure quality finished products, avoid defects, and conserve paint.
- Hang equipment and parts onto an overhead chain conveyor with hoist and/or manually.
- Conduct a finish quality check. Sand and touch-up as needed.
- Use a computer (SAP) to check the location, inventory, and routing of parts, and record inventory transactions.
- May begin cross-training on multiple finishing processes like shot blast and special paint.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Experience/training in automotive, industrial, aircraft spray painting or auto body work preferred.
- Ability to use spray painting equipment to apply a quality finish to equipment and parts.
- Demonstrate appropriate basic mechanical skills. This includes the ability to use repair tools such as wrenches, screwdrivers, etc.
- Able to use computers, read and follow written instructions from print or computers.
- Manufacturing plant conditions (indoors, with variable temperature, humidity, noise, and dirt).
- Relatively hot, humid conditions (required to wear a paint suit and air supplied hood or respirator).
- Physical hazards: powered vehicle, bicycle, pedestrian traffic, sharp objects, moving machinery, and materials handling.
- Working with hazardous materials, including paint, paint sludge, paint dust, solvents, cleaners, oils, and grease.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.