Posted in Engineering 30+ days ago.
Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Software Engineer (Senior/Lead/Principal) - US Citizen
Location: North America/Remote - San Francisco, Seattle, Portland, Boston
Salesforce is hiring for a team with a group of highly talented, motivated, and inspiring engineers leading the charge in Salesforce's most important and results-oriented infrastructure effort Hyperforcehttps://lnkd.in/gDfqzZ4. We are looking for software engineers located anywhere in North America and interested in creating the future of Salesforce infrastructure.
We are the team responsible for the base infrastructure orchestration of Hyperforce program, and have significant Systems Engineering and Computer Science challenges. Our event-driven dependency management and orchestration system creates public cloud resources serving many Service Teams at Salesforce. We are the 'tip of the spear', leading the charge into new substrates, building a true multi-substrate (AWS, AliCloud, GCP, Azure, etc.) infrastructure platform.
Salesforce's growth and success depends on Hyperforce, and Hyperforce depends on this team's platform. Significant exposure and growth opportunities are available at all levels. If you care deeply about cloud technologies, infrastructure as code, distributed systems, and have the desire to make a huge impact on the future of Salesforce reach out to us.
Our users count on our platform to be highly reliable, lightning fast, supremely secure, and to preserve all of their customizations and integrations every time we ship. You will need strong experience developing front-end web applications and a desire to create interfaces that provide clarity in mission-critical situations.
Our team culture empowers you to take ownership of your work and its outcome. We are looking for engineers with extensive public cloud experience to help us make Salesforce successful in using the public cloud. This is a
unique opportunity for self-motivated individuals to work with a highly competent, distributed team.
* Design, implement, maintain and support the infrastructure used to power our services.
* Automate the provisioning, deployment, scaling and monitoring of the platform across multiple environments.
* Be passionate about automation and avoiding doing things manually.
* Work closely with product management and other engineers to develop, validate ,and deploy high quality software.
* Resolve complex technical issues and drive innovations that improve system availability, resilience, and performance while minimizing costs.
* Implement new application features, especially features supporting operational excellence: stability, scalability, redundancy, etc.
* Measure everything, providing critical operational insight to our applications and infrastructure.
* Create, maintain and share technical documentation used by engineers and other team members.
* BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
* Most of our programming is in Go, and you should be fluent in that or a variety of modern programming
* In depth, hands-on experience with Linux, networking, server, and cloud architectures.
* Extensive experience with AWS, Azure, or GCP, etc.
* Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code technologies such as Terraform.
* Solid understanding of how to configure, deploy, manage and maintain large cloud hosted systems; including auto-scaling, monitoring, performance tuning, troubleshooting and disaster recovery.
* Deep understanding of fundamental technologieslike DNS, Load Balancing, SSL, TCP/IP, SQL, HTTP.
* Proficiency with source control, continuous integration, and testing methods.
* Experience with log management and log aggregation.
* Advanced knowledge about cloud security and best practices.
* A strong background in using and contributing to open source technology.
Colorado - Pay Range starts from $98,900
This candidate must be a U.S. citizen (U.S. born or naturalized) who does not hold dual citizenship and agrees to complete a U.S. federal government Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) for a Moderate Public Trust position.
**U.S. citizen (U.S. born or naturalized) who does not hold dual citizenship. You agree to complete a Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) for a Moderate Public Trust position with the U.S. federal government or other clearances as deemed appropriate for the role.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Volunteers of America, Chesapeake Inc.
The Judge Group Inc.