Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
Location: Alameda, California
Every Exelixis employee is united in an ambitious cause: to launch innovative medicines that give patients and their families hope for the future. In this pursuit, we know our employees are our most valuable asset. After operating in the challenging biotech sector for 25 years, we have a proven track record of resiliency in the face of adversity. The success of our lead product has provided a solid commercial foundation allowing us to reinvigorate our research efforts, and grow our team in areas such as Drug Discovery, Clinical Development and Commercial.
As we expand our global partnerships and further reinvest in R&D to help us discover the next breakthrough for difficult-to-treat cancers, we're seeking to add talented, dedicated employees to power our mission.
Cancer is our cause. Make it yours, too.
Exelixis has newly formed the Digital Transformation (DT) function to effectively support Exelixis' rapid growth which is expected in the next three to five years. To support business functions in process simplification, automation and data-driven decision making, DT will introduce relevant technology products. DT products will aid in sustaining both organic and inorganic growth of Exelixis, increasing operational complexity of additional product launches, indications, capabilities, and geographies. In partnership with other departments, the Associate Director, Business Intelligence is responsible for developing and overseeing the Technology strategy, roadmap, and project/program portfolio management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Design, architect and manage the analytics and BI solutions across enterprise groups
• Aid and participate in design and architecture of solutions in AWS data lake
• Conduct scenario analysis to support decision-making by Commercial, R&D, Finance, and Executive leadership
• Serve as proactive, consultative business partner with the rest of Digital transformation stakeholders and support their data science & advanced analytics needs
• Lead solution architecture as well as application integration and security
• Responsible for vendor management, including product and vendor evaluation, contract negotiation, supplier relationship management and consulting management
• Ensure internal tools are simple and effective and provide insights into user experiences to best capture feedback from the end-users
• Ensure Agile delivery in a GxP environment by leveraging deep understanding of product management best practices- especially in the context of information management • Coach and mentor team members, playing an active role in their professional growth and development
• Assist with user adoption & experience when implementing business intelligence solutions
• Contribute to our internal and external roadmaps for Data / Information Management
• Supervise, hire, train, and provide work direction
• Oversee the daily operations of managed service providers
• BS/BA degree in related discipline and ten years of related experience; or,
• MS/MBA degree in related discipline eight years of related experience; or,
• Equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience is required in managing a DevOps team in the areas of Release Management
• Experience in Biotech/Pharma is preferred
• Experienced in identifying and retrieving appropriate data and analyzing secondary market resources (e.g. IMS, Symphony, Specialty Pharmacy, CROs)
• Strong experience in data & analytics tools such as Tableau, Sisense & ETL tools such as Alteryx, AWS Visual databrew.
• At least two to three years of relevant experience in deploying chatbots or other self-service tools.
• Strong experience in deploying Machine Learning models using AWS SageMaker or similar tools.
• Strong analytical/quantitative skills and knowledge with the ability to understand the big picture
• Deep knowledge and understanding of data & analytics processes.
• Strong written and oral communication skills, able to translate complex concepts across all levels of the organization.
• Knowledge of cloud technology infrastructure, environments, and integrations.
• Attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy; ability to thrive in dynamic, fast paced environment.
• Excellent planning, organization, and problem-solving skills with the ability to successfully handle multiple concurrent priorities simultaneously.
• Demonstrated ability to use quantitative and qualitative analytical strategies to measure the effectiveness of programs, interventions, and efforts for a large organization.
• Ability to apply quantitative analysis with demonstrated aptitude in data analytics, queries, metrics and reporting.
• Ability to collaborate on projects involving multiple teams, managing client relationships, and presenting to audiences.
• Ability to effectively management time, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines.
• Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
• May also work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
• Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
• Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Keep Your Seats Filled