About us Join our team and immediately become part of the largest distributor of conventional, natural, organic and specialty products in the United States and Canada. We serve over 43,000 customer locations with 250,000 different products. Our Warehouse associates supply thousands of consumers with better for you food that nourishes families nationwide. Our retailers range from small family owned stores to Wholefoods Markets and everything in between.
As a valued UNFI Associate you''ll receive:
Pay up $20.50 per hour + Production Incentive & Awards
Growth and professional development opportunities.
Recognition for great work, company events and picnics, and much more.
Efficiently handle the flow of merchandise throughout the distribution facility in an accurate, productive and safe manner.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Select merchandise to be shipped to stores.
Palletize merchandise and shrink wrap.
Operate material handling equipment necessary to transport, stack, replenish, or select merchandise.
Cross train and work in various areas of the facility.
Follow company procedures to ensure a safe work environment.
• High School Diploma/GED preferred
• Warehouse/Operations preferred but not required
• Understanding of WMS preferred but not required Knowledge:
• Understanding of Safety guidelines
• Strong knowledge of applicable Bakco functions and RF systems Skills/Abilities:
• Ability to select at established minimum rate for department
• Astute, close attention to detail
• Understand and properly follow all selecting procedures and verbal instructions in your respective area: grocery, repack, cooler/freezer.
• Possess an understanding of procedures in other areas of the warehouse for a more global understanding of all
processes PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/ DEMANDS:
• Ability to lift up to 75 pounds and to stand, walk, bend, stoop, twist and turn frequently.
• Exposed to temperatures ranging from -20 degrees below zero to 35 degrees Fahrenheit in Perishable Operation
and 37 degrees to 90 degrees Fahrenheit in Grocery Operation
• Ability to do repetitious arm, wrist and hand movements required for maintenance and service procedures.
• Must be able to work with hands and arms overhead, and to work in or under the equipment.
• Requires manual dexterity, overall coordination and good balance to work both at ground level and in high places to
perform job duties. • Ability to operate work related equipment
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception,
and ability to adjust focus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.