Role and Responsibilities
CAE, the worldwide leader in aviation training is seeking a Senior Market Analyst. The emphasis of this role is to provide perspective and analytics around global aviation trends to help support strategic planning within CAE's Civil Aviation Business Group.
Within our Market Analysis and Product Marketing team, you will lead the market analysis function by owning and delivering on various data solutions, market analyses, competitive intelligence, and customer insights. You will leverage expertise in identifying data needs, acquiring data, and enriching data to address varied complex business and market opportunities. You will translate your data analytics outputs and results into strategic recommendations and decision support for group leaders and their front-line teams, deciphering the findings into clear messages and visuals for our Civil business unit. You will tell the market and our company the story of our aviation training solutions to support the growth of the Civil business unit.
Be ready for the following responsibilities:
* Own and deliver on all long-term market forecasting for civil business (pilot demand outlook, fleet forecast, simulator forecast, training forecast, etc.)
* Support business development with market data and intelligence
* Own and manage sources of market, customer, and competitor data and analytics (including 3rd party data subscriptions and outsourcing of data to 3rd party vendors)
* Establish, evolve, and standardize respective corporate processes for market intelligence sourcing and distribution
* Establish and provide analytics solutions and models for advanced market intelligence and standardize analytics process (based on quantitative and qualitative data)
* Create and deliver on various market analyses, briefings, competitive intelligence reports and other high priority analysis projects
* Support value proposition pitches for various Civil products and services, thought leadership studies, and white papers
* Develop and provide decision support for market strategies as needed for various Civil projects and stakeholders
* Support organic and in-organic growth option evaluations (partnerships, M&A, etc.)
Our ideal candidate has:
* 5+ years of work experience in market research analysis, preferably in aviation
* a bachelor's degree in Market Research, Business Administration, Statistics, or related field, preferably an MBA
* Extensive knowledge in market analysis, market segmentation, and competitive positioning
* Advanced analytical skills around data collection, manipulation of data, statistics, forecasting, usage of tools, and data reporting
* Strong ability to interpret data and communicate results clearly to internal and external stakeholders
* Critical thinking skills to determine what marketing strategy would work best
* Detail-oriented mindset to conduct precise data analysis
* Familiarity with aviation training solutions and civil aviation market dynamics
* Prior experience in working with external providers of data and data solutions in defining and managing our needs
* The ability to influence colleagues with thought leadership
* Passion for collaborating with cross-functional teams
* A "roll up your sleeves" attitude and a self-starter persona
* Flexibility to adapt on the fly and tackle ambiguous situations
* A genuine personality that is confident in sharing new ideas and humble while listening to others
* Strong problem-solving, team building, project management, and leadership skills
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At CAE, everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With no exception.
As captured in our overarching value "One CAE", we're proud to work as one passionate, boundaryless and inclusive team.
At CAE, all employees are welcome regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.
The masculine form may be used in this job description solely for ease of reading, but refers to men, women and the gender diverse.
Parkland Health and Hospital System (PHHS)
Parkland Health and Hospital System (PHHS)
The Goldman Sachs Group
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute