School of Medicine:
Established in 1930, Duke University School of Medicine is the youngest of the nation's top medical schools. Ranked tenth among its peers, the School takes pride in being an inclusive community of outstanding learners, investigators, clinicians, and staff where traditional barriers are low, interdisciplinary collaboration is embraced, and great ideas accelerate translation of fundamental scientific discoveries to improve humanhealth locally and around the globe.
Comprised of 2,400 faculty physicians and researchers, the Duke University School of Medicine along with the Duke University School of Nursing and Duke University Health System create Duke Health. Duke Health is a world-class health care network. Founded in 1998 to provide efficient, responsive care, the health system offers a full network of health services and encompasses Duke University Hospital, Duke Regional Hospital, Duke Raleigh Hospital, Duke Primary Care, Private Diagnostic Clinic, Duke Home and Hospice, Duke Health and Wellness, and multiple affiliations.
Provide high quality data management, customer service, and support for the various needs of Duke Health Development and Alumni Affairs (DHDAA) by developing and managing multiple databases, producing reports, providing training, and participating in planning and supporting new Development initiatives.
Data Management and Reporting - 75%
· Manage and manipulate data, including creation and administration of local databases, extraction of information from the central Duke Alumni Development Database (DADD), and reconciliation of related data between the systems.
· Design queries, verify results and generate reports to assist in fundraising efforts and to provide business intelligence.
· Analyze and interpret information for fundraising projections and campaign analysis.
· Verify and research biographical, giving and prospect data errors and work with DHDAA staff, Alumni Donor Records, Alumni Engagement and Development, Business Intelligence, and Office of Information Technology to resolve.
· Recommend and implement strategies and techniques that make data management more efficient and effective.
Training - 15%
· Serve as expert resource to staff defining data requests, manipulating and reformatting data extracts, and creating batch update files.
· Advise and train users to effectively use data extracts with Microsoft Office products for specific fund raising campaigns, mailings, events and presentations.
· Create and maintain standard operating procedures to ensure accuracy in data retrieval and reporting.
· Participate in ongoing training of Development staff in the correct use and interpretation of DADD data as presented in the web-based user interface, standard reports, and Tableau dashboards.
External Collaboration - 10%
· Identify data and user issues and work closely with Alumni Engagement and Development's systems staff to resolve problems.
· Serve as an expert user of DADD and test new product enhancements and reporting tools, providing key feedback to OIT/Business Intelligence programmers.
· Act as a department liaison to Alumni Engagement and Development's central IT organization and university-wide Tableau developers/users group.
Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Duke Health Development & Alumni Affairs is building a flexible and hybrid workplace . All team members must have access to and maintain a secure home office environment with high-speed internet service and work collaboratively with others using a variety of technologies and tools. Depending on the type of position and work performed, or as deemed by manager, positions may be required to work in an office located in Durham, NC or a surrounding local area.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
MINIMUM HIRING SPECIFICATIONS
Duke Medicine Development & Alumni Affairs
Job Code 1018, Job Level 10, Job Family 28
Work requires an Associate degree in Computer Science, or equivalent technical training, or a non-technical Bachelor's degree.
2 years data management, research or medical experience.
OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
2 years relevant experience in an academic, nonprofit, corporate or consulting setting.
Advanced data management and reporting skills with demonstrated ability to use software to extract, organize and report data that is complex and confidential in nature.
Demonstrated success with SQL and Crystal Reports
Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, including Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
Organizational skills with good follow through
Attention to detail and data quality control
Ability to work independently
Good written/oral/interpersonal communication skills
Excellent customer service attitude and demonstrated ability to work with people with varying technical skills.
Work requires an Associates in Computer Science or equivalent technical training, or non-technical Bachelor degree.
2 years data management, research or medical experience. OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Keep Your Seats Filled
Keep Your Seats Filled