Posted in Other 3 days ago.
Location: Warren, Michigan
This is a remote position, the selected candidate can reside and perform the work from anywhere within the United States.
There's never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won't happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why work for us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support employee volunteer interests and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
About the Product Cybersecurity Connected Ecosystem Engineer role
The Engineer for Connected Ecosystem in Product Cybersecurity will work in a collaborative team environment to evaluate the cybersecurity risk of connected ECU's to then advise or guide the engineering teams to mitigate or accept the risk with appropriate quality of cybersecurity artifacts for delivery at defined milestones. The Engineer will work collaboratively with various associates across GM and Suppliers including the respective Product Cybersecurity Connected Ecosystem ECU Program Manager on the ECU aspects and Security Architects on the ECU interaction with the IT Cloud, Telecom and Infotainment, Mobile, or Web Application interfaces used by GM Connected Vehicle Subscribers or Onstar Advisors across the various regions where GM does business globally.
The Connected Ecosystem is composed of Infotainment and Telematics ECU's in-vehicle (Internal Center Stack Display, Instrument Panel Cluster, Audio system (microphones and speakers), Heads Up Displays, Multifunction Controllers or other human machine input devices, Rear Seat Infotainment controllers, Silverboxes (full featured radio devices) through the interfaces of Cellular, Wifi, Bluetooth or Bluetooth Low Energy, NFC, and USB to Telecom Providers for delivery through the Onstar Private Network or public Internet to the GM IT Cloud services supporting In-vehicle services or Infotainment Applications, Mobile Applications deployed on GM Connected Vehicle Subscriber smartphones or displayed in Web applications for GM Connected Vehicle Subscribers or Onstar Advisors to use to support the features and functions customers expect in the GM Connected Ecosystem.
Responsibilities include working with multiple Security, and Engineering leadership/stakeholders and technical resources to identify, then educate for reducing the cybersecurity risk in the pursuit to release secure and safe products and services to be used by the GM customers.
Deliverables include, but not limited to identifying and rationalizing security requirements for ECU's, driving the cybersecurity design reviews and implementation reviews, confirming the validation results specific to cybersecurity for vehicle and services launch, then being prepared and available to help in the vulnerability management and incident response actions.
Work closely with Engineering technical skilled personnel (Systems and Design Release Engineers) and management across GM and our Suppliers to address cybersecurity customer needs and help align expectation across the Product Cybersecurity space for inclusion of appropriate controls that enable the service by protect the customer and GM adequately. Oversee work and deliverables of other joint venture partners and suppliers, when needed.
• Engage with associates including Cybersecurity Program Manager, Product Development Design Release Engineers, Bill Of Material Family Owners and Supplier Engineers to deliver tailored security requirements for ECU's using Product Cybersecurity specifications for ECU's during the Pre-Sourcing phase of the Global Vehicle Development Process (GVDP) and/or with Business Leaders, Business Analysts, Dev Leaders and Security Architects through inclusion of Product Cybersecurity requirements inserted into Narratives, Stories or other documents for IT Cloud, Telecom, Infotainment, Mobile or Web Application development.
• Produce quality documentation and education materials for products that cover the scope expected of Connected Ecosystem customers that meeting the timing defined for Product Cybersecurity deliverables throughout the Global Vehicle Development Process (Pre-sourcing, Requirements, Design, Implementation and Validation phases) based on the defined security requirements accepted at contract or through approved change control mechanisms.
• Identify and report issues to the Program Manager for leadership review during the execution of security artifacts specific to Infotainment and Telematics ECU's in the Connected Ecosystem throughout the GVDP.
• Support Export Controls, Legal, Privacy and Regulatory compliance as required for Product Cybersecurity within GM.
• Demonstrated proficiency in a wide range of embedded security for Infotainment and Telematics ECU's with various connectivity for vehicle users.
• Expert with a high level of analytical ability where problems are typicallyunusual and difficult - gather and interpret complex qualitative or quantitativedata.
• Maintain a working knowledge of cybersecurity principles and elements.
• Understand global program structure and technical integration as it relates to cybersecurity risk to meet launch timing.
• Engage in multiple global ECU projects with broad scope, ambiguity, and high degreeof difficulty.
• Answer front line questions from program teams, Cybersecurity, IT, engineeringand electrical teams.
• Accountable for understanding and communicating security policies,requirements, controls and standards.
• Coordinates input from internal/external customers to better understandcustomer needs and/or perceptions.
• Establishes a course of action to accomplish completion of assigned projectsand work activities.
• Coordinate with validation efforts to ensure on-time execution and adequate testing coverage.
• Synthesize information into reports for leadership and working team.
• Able to work with multiple teams in developmental and operational phases ofsystem to ensure business needs are met.
• Domestic and global travel, as required.
• Lead development of Cyber Security projects. Provide, communicate, and support common best practices among software community. Acts as a Domain Expert (SME) for at least one platform, project or component.
• Responsible for specifying requirements, execution and evaluation of designs, analysis, development, testing and control of major Cybersecurity engineering projects where creativity and initiative is necessary as well as a high level of independent judgment. Exercises technical direction over other specialists or engineering support personnel.
Additional Job Description
Required Skills / Experience / Education: