Posted in Other 10 days ago.
Location: Concord, North Carolina
Note, this position is: Remote: This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee's role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired.
For all external applicants, we are targeting a start date on or after January 10th 2020 for this position
GM's Motorsports IT team will analyze, define, and deliver the next generation of cutting-edge Motorsports IT software solutions. Leveraging both state of the art cloud based infrastructure and software development standards, these solutions will enable innovative interactions between GM Global Engineering, GM Motorsports, and our GM Race teams that accelerate our drivers to the finish line first! Our combined GMIT team of analysts, architects, developers, data engineers, testers, and project managers will work closely with GM Motorsports Engineering and Race teams to ensure delivery of break-through technologies for NASCAR's Next Gen Cup Car!
The Senior Business Analyst is accountable for building and maintaining the relationship with the End User (i.e. Business Team/Customer) for small to medium scale projects. He/SheThey are responsible for eliciting requirements / user stories and representing them to the Enterprise Solutions Delivery and Enterprise Sustain Services teams throughout the systems development cycle. Will lead requirements elicitation and documentation for one or more medium to large projects with increased complexity.
MAJOR DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Project coordination & execution role for Plan and Define as part of the System Development process
2. Development of business process models, business requirements/user stories (functional and non-functional) and product backlogs
3. Partners with business to ensure comprehensive user acceptance testing/training plans are developed/executed and application is successfully transitioned to production
4. Increased understanding of business issues and data challenges of the business
5. Serves as the requirements liaison between the business community and the IT teams
6. Coordinates with Business on Problem and Incident Management
7. Coordinates project business value/return on investment analysis
8. Supports IT Strategy Development
9. Identifies business strengths and weaknesses and suggests areas of improvement
10. Makes recommendations on what projects should be pursued
11. Perform research on new ideas / initiatives the organization may want to pursue
12. Assists with coordination & representation for Change Requests (CRs)
13. Assists with identifying/selecting the best talent. Responsible for directing and prioritizing work, managing performance and providing guidance / coaching to team members. Manages the culture within their team, holds themselves and others accountable for demonstrating GMs values and cultural behaviors. Models GM behaviors and creates a winning culture.
14. Performs other related duties as assigned.
1. In-depth understanding of business analyst fundamentals
2. In-depth understanding of writing & leading Business Requirements Documents
3. In-depth understanding of Business Process Modeling
4. Knowledge in a functional area or business process domain
5. In-depth understanding of business issues and data challenges of the organization and industry as a whole
6. In-depth understanding of business process and how application(s) they represent support it
7. Demonstrates critical skills such as collaboration, strong written and verbal communication skills and analytical capability
8. Independently facilitates sessions with end users, asking probing questions to elicit business process discussion and capture process flow diagrams
9. Independently facilitates meetings.
Bachelor's degree or 4 years equivalent experience.
7+ years in an applicable business environment.
Preferred Criteria :
Bachelor's degree in technical discipline
Ability to multi-task i.e. leading multiple projects
Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) certification
Previous IT experience or demonstrated interest in Motorsports Racing history / background a plus!
Additional Job Description
Looking for candidates with a passion for Racing and Motorsports - this is an opportunity to work directly in the industry with Chevy Racing!
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.