"This is a Hybrid position within our IT Organization. The role will allow employees to work offsite but will also require onsite work based on business needs. The selected candidate will be expected to commute to the innovation center to which they are assigned as their primary GM facility. Relocation may be provided."
"For all external applicants, we are targeting a start date on or after January 10th 2022 for this position."
In recent years, GM Information Technology has successfully executed the largest IT transformation in the history of the automotive industry, fully insourcing what once was a nearly completely outsourced IT function. Today GM IT is a dynamic and fast paced organization that designs, develops and maintains all IT infrastructure, applications and solutions enabling GM's global operations. From designing and building the next generation of electric and other vehicles to developing a world-class GM experience for our dealers and customers, GM IT is driving real change in the most iconic automaker on the planet. Our team delivers unique enterprise-wide IT solutions in cutting-edge technologies such as mobility, telematics, mission-critical business systems, supercomputing, cloud, vehicle engineering and real-time computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to advance their careers and be a part of an IT organization focused on innovation, speed and business value.
In this role, the successful candidate will be part of a team developing and supporting subscription billing solutions which process payments and recognize revenue for various GM business models and product offerings, such as GM's OnStar and other connected vehicle services. You will be expected to analyze and solve moderate to complex problems. You will be responsible for developing software components and solutions using sound, repeatable standards, processes, and methodologies to deliver those solutions. Your work will include updating and supporting existing software and/or delivering new solutions to address specific business requirements and technical needs. You will participate-in and contribute-to full software development lifecycle activities. You will work closely with peers and partners in the process to ensure that your deliverables meet requirements and goals/schedules while aligning-with expected standards and levels of quality.
The successful candidate will have proven work experience in the following:
- Hands-on application development using common Java-based application frameworks, design patterns, and/or object-oriented design & programming
- Contributions to full software development lifecycle application development
- Demonstrable roles in successful software project deliveries
- Identification, analysis, and remediation of issues relating to specification mismatches, code quality scans, security vulnerabilities, build and configuration challenges, deployment challenges, etc.
- Development within distributed systems and service-oriented architectures using SOAP/REST services
- Integration with relational databases
- Integration of new components into existing software/systems
- Use of continuous integration, development, and build technology, tools, and practices
- Familiarity with Iterative/Agile practices and processes
- Software testing and test automation and quality assurance practices
- Dev-Ops thinking and practices
- Learning on the job
- Understanding and aligning to industry and corporate policies, standards, best practices, and evolving processes
- Demonstrating and modeling corporate values and behaviors and winning with integrity
Additional Job Description
• Technical Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Computer Science, MIS / CIS, or another STEM-related major preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of working experience is required (5 years of experience is preferred)
- Java, Spring frameworks, SOAP or REST services and/or microservices, JSON, JUnit; SQL, Oracle or PostgreSQL, IntelliJ and/or Eclipse; TFS and/or Jira backlog management tools
Nice to have Skills:
- Familiarity with packaged and open source software such as SAP, S/4HANA, Vistex, WKC, DRM, Zuora, PowerBI, and Knime is a plus
- Business process experience with topics such as Order Management, Pricing, Incentives, Billing, Accounts Receivable, Supply Chain, Logistics, and Asset Accounting is a plus
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Wellstar Health Systems
Wellstar Health Systems
Wellstar Health Systems