Posted in Other 12 days ago.
Location: Miami, Florida
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet .
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The Otto G. Richter Library has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Building Facility Coordinator to work in the Coral Gables Campus.
Under the guidance of the Associate Dean for Library Information Systems & Facilities, the Facilities Manager is responsible for managing the physical, environmental, and security conditions and ongoing general facilities maintenance of the Otto G. Richter Library and the Miami Lakes Storage Facility to ensure library services and operations continue efficiently and effectively without interruption. Facilities Management covers the ongoing maintenance and repairs of the buildings, including electrical, carpentry, plumbing, air conditioning, heating, secure access, furniture & furnishings, telecommunications, and non-computer equipment. Duties will include coordination with facilities administrators in schools/colleges where subject-disciplinary libraries exist regarding facilities management matters. The Facilities Manager also oversees the receiving, shipping, courier, and mail services for the UM Libraries.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Serves as the liaison between the University (facilities administration, physical plant, housekeeping, public safety, etc.) and outside vendors to evaluate facilities maintenance requirements, communicate and consult on potential resolutions, initiate and arrange for service and repairs, and ensure that work is performed to specification and completed within agreed upon times.
* Works with Administration to develop and maintain facilities-related policies and procedures; communicates with all levels within the Libraries regarding facilities issues, activities, projects, policies, and procedures; maintains files for Library Facilities unit including FSRs, unit reports, correspondences, committee notes, IDRs, financial reports, maintenance contracts, etc.
* Coordinates routine inspections of the physical, environmental, and security conditions, as well as general maintenance, within UM Libraries; makes recommendations to Administration; oversees the repair and replacement of patron/office furniture and equipment; places/manages Facilities Services Requests (FSRs) as well as complaints, problems and suggestions from library employees and patrons as related to all library facilities.
* Serves on call evenings and weekends as needed to respond to facilities-related emergencies
and to provide information and resolve problems for library staff as needed. * In partnership with Library Administration and Dept. Heads, allocates workspace among faculty and staff; coordinates facility remodels, workspace design, and office setups for new hires, as well as departmental moves, including furniture, phone lines, and cleanup of vacated spaces; consults with Administration, Dept. Heads, and Library Technology staff in ongoing evaluation of existing spaces for effectiveness, adjusting space as necessary for changing needs.
* Responsible for the supervision and mentoring of Facilities Assistant, temporary and casual workers and student assistants assigned to Facilities Management including hiring, orienting, training, supervising, scheduling and time reporting, assigning and monitoring work, and evaluation.
* Works with the University and outside officials to coordinate the evacuation of assigned area due to fire alarms or other emergencies and is responsible for obtaining clearance to re-occupy the facilities prior to allowing re-entry by faculty, staff, and students.
* Assists with the implementation of disaster preparedness and recovery efforts, including serving as a member of the Emergency Response Team, assisting Administration in coordinating emergency preparation activities, supervising post-emergency clean-up, and providing timely maintenance support to impacted areas.
* Provides assistance in the preparation of the facilities management budget and makes recommendations; works with Libraries Budget Manager to monitor expenditures related to facilities; in conjunction with UM Facilities Department, analyzes maintenance agreements and makes recommendations regarding cost-effectiveness; monitors performance, and ensures that maintenance and services are conducted in accordance with maintenance agreements.
* Manages and controls access to facilities within UM Libraries by maintaining a building keying system and master keying record of all keys issued and retrieved; monitors and processes Cane Card access; schedules automated door access based on scheduled room usage; monitors and processes security alarm code requests.
Communications, Relationships, and Service (ongoing)
* Maintains helpful and supportive customer service behavior with all library customers internal and external.
* In pursuit of the Libraries' and University's strategic objectives, models the University's "DIRECCT" values (diversity, integrity, responsibility, excellence, compassion, creativity, and teamwork).
* Establishes effective and supportive interdepartmental relationships and participates in cross training opportunities to increase library and unit effectiveness and to effectively disseminate information.
* Communicates frequently and effectively with all University staff, faculty, and administrators in a timely manner regarding procedures, policies, and other necessary information.
* When possible, participates in committees and teams within and outside the Libraries to provide services to the Libraries, University, and the Community.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
* This position reports to the Associate Dean for Library Information Systems & Facilities
* This individual supervises the Facilities Assistant, and casual/temporary workers and student assistants
LEVEL OF CONTACTS
* The individual works with all levels of University and Library staff including faculty, administrators, staff, and students as well as alumni and community users. Within the library, this individual works with all levels of library faculty and staff as well as student employees. In all contacts, the incumbent is expected to be professional and courteous.
* This is a security sensitive position; the Facilities Manager may have access to confidential information and is expected to maintain confidentiality at all times.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, Skills, Training, etc.)
* Associate's Degree; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
* Minimum of 1 year of relevant work experience; supervisory experience preferred.
* Excellent organizational, analytic, and critical thinking skills.
* Demonstrated ability to accurately prepare and maintain records, files, reports, and correspondence.
* Demonstrated ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
* Ability to work independently and cooperatively and productively with others.
* Good oral and written English language communication skills; Working knowledge of Spanish.
* Must have valid driver's license and acceptable driving record.
* Must be able to work with fragile materials that may produce moderate dust environment, lift 30 pounds, push 50+ pounds, bend/kneel, reach while on a stool.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Arbon Equipment Corporation
Arbon Equipment Corporation
Arbon Equipment Corporation