Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status
Euclid, OH, US
Requisition ID: 1473
Position: Manufacturing Engineer
- Associate or Bachelor Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the metal working industry.
- Knowledgeable in fixture design and work holding devices.
- Experience with set up and programming CNC machines.
- Understanding of CMM inspection methods and operation.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Proficient in CAD (CATIA V5 preferred).
- Understanding of 3-D geometry related to complex surface definition.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Provide engineering shop floor support while working closely with Manufacturing and Quality department personnel.
- Interact with CNC machine operators to address concerns and problems.
- Troubleshoot part holding fixtures and hydraulic components.
- Work with maintenance personnel and outside repair services to resolve CNC machine equipment issues.
- Utilize CAD software for engineering layouts and analysis. Provide tool designs for work holding fixtures and improvements to existing tooling.
- Assume lead engineering responsibility for Additive Manufacturing (AM) capabilities (3-D plastic and metal printing).
- Utilize CMM and FARO portable arm laser equipment for dimensional measurements and evaluation of forge product and tooling. Assist in maintaining CMM inspection system.
- Serve as engineering team member while working with Manufacturing, Quality and Production Control departments in support of meeting production schedules.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement and cost reduction opportunities.
- Participate in formal Kaizen and Continuous Improvement workshops both at Cleveland and other Whitcraft sites.