McWane is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices. McWane will not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran or service member status, marital status, citizenship status (In IL - sex, including same sex, ancestry, order of protection status, physical or mental disability, military status, pregnancy, unfavorable discharge status, genetic information), (In IA - gender identity), (In CA - gender identity or expression, and genetic information) or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. If you would like more information on your EEO rights under the law please click here.
Job ID: 2021-4648
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 3
Tyler Union in Anniston, AL offers great opportunities, pay, and benefits! Fully paid health insurance!
Install, maintain, and repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures within an industrial foundry environment. Perform work in accordance with relevant codes. May install or service the electrical systems of machines and related components.
Newly hired employees start at $26.09 per hour. We offer Company-paid medical insurance, life and AD&D insurance, short-term disability coverage, a Company-matched 401(K) plan, and ten (10) paid holidays. We offer employee-paid dental insurance. Employees are eligible for five (5) vacation days after six (6) months of continuous employment.
Tyler Union, a division of McWane is a Federal VEVRAA contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices. McWane will not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran or service member status, marital status, citizenship status (In IL - sex, including same sex, ancestry, order of protection status, physical or mental disability, military status, pregnancy, unfavorable discharge status, genetic information), (In IA - gender identity), (In CA - gender identity or expression, and genetic information) or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
Here at Tyler Union, a division of McWane, Inc., we're doing our part to keep all employees and visitors to our locations safe during the pandemic while fighting against the spread of the COVID-19 virus. A part of that is following all CDC and OSHA recommendations; therefore, a condition of employment for those hired or rehired after October 1, 2021 is they be fully vaccinated or willing to become vaccinated, if not yet. Proof of vaccination status is required at the interview.
All candidates offered employment must submit to a drug screen, physical, and background check.
· Follow all processes and procedures associated with the Tyler Union Safety Management Program. Advise management of any deviations from this program.
· Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures based on job specifications and local codes.
· Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
· Test electrical systems or continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, using testing devices, such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, or oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of the system.
· Use a variety of tools or equipment, such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment, such as oscilloscopes, ammeters, or test lamps.
· Inspect electrical systems, equipment, or components to identify hazards, defects, or the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
· Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring or equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
· Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, or components, using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
· Work from ladders, scaffolds, or roofs to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures.
· Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
· Maintain current electrician’s license or identification card to meet governmental regulations.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· Associates degree in a technical field or training in a vocational school preferred.
· Two years of related on-the-job experience required.
· Must have experience reading electrical schematics.
KNOLWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, and WORK ACTIVITIES
· Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
· Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
· Skills required include troubleshooting, repairing, active listening, critical thinking, judgment, and decision making, installation, active learning, complex problem solving, and equipment maintenance.
· Abilities required include problem sensitivity, deductive reasoning, inductive reasoning, near vision, oral comprehension, visual color discrimination, arm-hand steadiness, finger dexterity, information ordering, and manual dexterity.
· Work activities include getting information; identifying objects, actions, and events; making decisions and solving problems; handling and moving objects; inspecting equipment, structures, or surroundings; updating and using relevant knowledge; organizing, planning, and prioritizing work; and evaluating information to determine compliance with standards.
· Physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving the whole body include climbing, lifting to fifty (50) pounds, balancing, walking, standing, stooping, and handling tools and materials.
· Must wear common protective or safety equipment, such as safety shoes, glasses, gloves, hearing protection, and hard hats.