Posted in Facilities 11 days ago.
Location: Anniston, Alabama
McWane is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices. McWane will not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran or service member status, marital status, citizenship status (In IL - sex, including same sex, ancestry, order of protection status, physical or mental disability, military status, pregnancy, unfavorable discharge status, genetic information), (In IA - gender identity), (In CA - gender identity or expression, and genetic information) or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. If you would like more information on your EEO rights under the law please click here.
Industrial Millwright Mechanic
Job ID: 2021-4650
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 4
Tyler Union in Anniston, AL offers great opportunities, pay, and benefits! Fully paid health insurance!
Install, Dismantle, or move machinery and heavy equipment according to layout plants, bolueprints, or other drawings.
Newly hired employees start at $26.19 per hour. We offer Company-paid medical insurance, life and AD&D insurance, short-term disability coverage, a Company-matched 401(K) plan, and ten (10) paid holidays. We offer employee-paid dental insurance. Employees are eligible for five (5) vacation days after six (6) months of continuous employment.
Tyler Union, a division of McWane is a Federal VEVRAA contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices. McWane will not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran or service member status, marital status, citizenship status (In IL - sex, including same sex, ancestry, order of protection status, physical or mental disability, military status, pregnancy, unfavorable discharge status, genetic information), (In IA - gender identity), (In CA - gender identity or expression, and genetic information) or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
Here at Tyler Union, a division of McWane, Inc., we're doing our part to keep all employees and visitors to our locations safe during the pandemic while fighting against the spread of the COVID-19 virus. A part of that is following all CDC and OSHA recommendations; therefore, a condition of employment for those hired or rehired after October 1, 2021 is they be fully vaccinated or willing to become vaccinated, if not yet. Proof of vaccination status is required at the interview.
All candidates offered employment must submit to a drug screen, physical, and background check.
· Follow all processes and procedures associated with the Tyler Union Safety Management Program. Advise management of any deviations from this program.
· Insert shims, adjust tension on nuts or bolts, or position parts, using hand tools and measuring instruments, to set specified clearances between moving and stationary parts.
· Align machines and equipment, using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers, and plumb bobs.
· Assemble and install equipment, using hand tools and power tools.
· Lay out mounting holes, using measuring instruments, and drill holes with power drill.
· Signal crane operator to lower basic assembly units to bedplate and align unit to centerline.
· Replace defective parts of machine or adjust clearances and alignment of moving parts.
· Level bedplate and establish centerline, using straightedge, levels, and transit.
· Dismantle machines, using hammers, wrenches, crowbars, and other hand tools.
· Attach moving parts and subassemblies to basic assembly unit, using hand tools and power tools.
· Move machinery and equipment, using hoists, dollies, rollers, and trucks.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· Associates degree in a technical field or training in a vocational school preferred.
· Minimum Three years of related on-the-job industrial experience required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, and WORK ACTIVITIES
· Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
· Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
· Skills required include installation, equipment maintenance, operation monitoring, critical thinking, repairing, troubleshooting, active learning, active listening, coordination, and monitoring.
· Abilities required include arm-hand steadiness, finger dexterity, control precision, manual dexterity, multi-limb coordination, problem sensitivity, information ordering, oral comprehension, trunk strength, and visualization.
· Work activities include repairing and maintaining mechanical equipment; handling and moving objects; getting information; inspecting equipment, structures, or material; making decisions and solving problems; controlling machines and processes; communicating with supervisors and peers; identifying objects, actions, and events; and organizing, planning, and prioritizing work.
· Physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving the whole body include climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, standing, stooping, and handling tools and materials.
· Must wear common protective or safety equipment, such as safety shoes, glasses, gloves, hearing protection, and hard hats.
Hargray Communications Group, Inc.
Ironclad Technology Services
Ironclad Technology Services