Posted in Other 2 days ago.
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
ACCOUNTING SPECIALIST: DETAILS
Title: Accounting Specialist
Location: Nashville TN
Start Date: ASAP
Pay Rate: $19-20.67/hour
Type: Contract to Hire
Hours: 8am-5pm | Monday - Friday | 40 hours per week
Additional: This is 100% on-site
REQUIREMENTS: ACCOUNTING SPECIALIST
* 1 - 3 years of experience in general accounting, accounts receivable or billing, or accounts payable preferred
* Advanced Excel experience, including Pivot Tables, V- Look-up, etc.
* Traits targeting: Analytical, Customer Focus, Teamwork, Problem Solving, Verbal and Written Communication, Business Acumen, Professionalism, Quality and Accuracy
RESPONSIBILITIES: ACCOUNTING SPECIALIST
* The Accounting Specialist will assist and perform activities in support of any of the following: general accounting, accounts receivable and billing, cash collections, or accounts payable processing.
* Key accounting journal entry accurately and timely
* Organize journal entry processing responsible for maintenance of source documents
* Responsible for fixed asset and inventory tracking
* Assist with basic reconciliation of ledger accounts to supporting detail
* Assist with various recurring and month-end close data entry accounting functions directed toward processing of all transactions.
* Responsible for organizing documents received and document imaging and control in general accounting
* Assist with office equipment and mail, supply orders, and other office duties
* Responsible for the collection of assigned customer accounts including overdue invoices, dispute resolution, interest charges, refunds, cash receipts and other related items.
* Perform accurate and timely data entry in accounts receivable and billing
* Review and analyze A/R aging weekly, collaborates and follows up with the operations department on past due and/or delinquent accounts.
* Responsible for collecting and posting customer payments
* Resolve overdue customer invoices, work credit memos and other disputes or variances
* Generate and reconcile customer statements
* Monitor and reconcile customer accounts for accuracy and timeliness
* Assist with document imaging and control in accounts receivable
* Route vendor invoices through the approval workflow.
* Receive and review purchase orders, check requests, invoices, and other related documents for completeness and compliance with financial policies, procedures, and contractual requirements.
* Verify original invoices and requests for payment, determining appropriate payment schedules and amounts, and making modifications as necessary
* Compile and mail checks
* Monitor and reconcile supplier statements for accuracy and timeliness
* Process and code invoices in the accounting system. Matches code, verifies, and electronically enters accounts payable data into ledgers.
* Prepare weekly and monthly accounts payable aging reports.
* Maintain friendly and professional communication with vendors relating to invoice discrepancies and/or payment inquiries.
* Ensure timely and accurate processing of invoices.
* Maintain log, enters balance account data, and generates statistical summary reports as required.
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Founded by industry leaders to set a new standard in search, career placement and flexible staffing, we deliver coordinated staffing solutions with unparalleled service, a commitment to project completion and success and a passion for innovation, creativity and continuous improvement.
Our niche brands offer a complete suite of staffing services to emerging growth companies and the Fortune 500 across market sectors, career specialties/disciplines and industries. Over time, office locations, specialty practice areas and service offerings will be added to address ever changing constituent needs.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill HR, Beacon Hill Legal, Beacon Hill Life Sciences and Beacon Hill Technologies by visiting www.beaconhillstaffing.com.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future™