Posted in Other 3 days ago.
Location: New York, New York
Technical Support Engineer III (MIS240)
New York, NY, USA Req #1188
Thursday, May 20, 2021
Volunteers of America-Greater New York (VOA-GNY) is an anti-poverty organization that seeks to end homelessness in the New York metropolitan area by the year 2050. We focus our continuum of care to address the most prevalent causes of homelessness: (1) lack of affordable housing; (2) unmet health needs, including but not limited to mental health and substance use; and (3) lack of jobs that create wealth. In each of these areas we strive to incorporate strategies that address issues of racial equity. We know that our clients are confronting longstanding barriers to accessing quality housing, healthcare, and employment. Our programs are designed to ensure that our clients do not have to face these challenges alone.
Now in our second century of serving those in need, VOA-GNY understands what it takes to heal families and individuals who are in crisis and have experienced trauma. We operate and provide services in emergency shelters, transitional housing, and permanent supportive housing for close to 11,000 men, women and children through 65 programs located in New York City, Northern New Jersey, and Westchester annually. We are one of the largest providers of services to families and individuals experiencing homelessness in the Greater New York area, serving survivors of domestic violence, people living with HIV/AIDS, veterans, and others who have behavioral health or substance use needs. Many of VOA-Greater New Yorkâ€™s programs are nationally recognized and meet the rigorous standards of accrediting bodies CARF, COA and the NAEYC.
"Successful applicants must be vaccinated for COVID-19 before their start date with VOA-GNY, unless you have been approved by VOA-GNY for a medical or religious exception to this requirement."
The Technical Support Engineer is responsible for responding to and resolving all organization wide requests for help. Day to day responsibilities consist of: Installing, testing, maintaining and troubleshooting end user workstations and interrelated hardware and software, Active Directory user management, troubleshooting of mobile devices, voice and CCTV networks, escalating issues accordingly, point of escalation for level 2 engineers and maintaining communication with customers and Technical teams. Provide site and application documentation and successfully complete special projects as assigned by managers.
Bachelors of Science in Business Administration, MIS, or equivalent discipline with 10 experience with Microsoft Windows desktop, server level 2 support, hosted and premise voice and CCTV systems, or satisfactory combination of education and experience.
Exceptional customer service and phone etiquette skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills. Team player. Detail oriented and strong problem-solving capabilities with the ability to work on multiple, concurrent tasks and adapt to shifting priorities. Take initiative, and response to time-sensitive situations are essential, along with discretion and good sense in dealing with clients
REQUIRED CERTIFICATION: Network+ and Security+, ITIL Foundation, MCSA Windows 10, MCSA Server 2012 and 2016, Office 365
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
The below enumerated principal responsibilities are inclusive of both program specific and firm-wide related administration, as applicable.
1. Taking initial telephone or email inquiries, troubleshooting, and managing relatively simple to complex hardware, software or network problems.
2. Use Remote Monitoring tools and call tracking to log and route tickets in a high-call volume environment (e.g. Kaseya).
3. Respond to and resolve all Level 1 and Level 2 desktop, server, and network issues. Point of escalation for all Tier 1 & Tier II engineers providing support and technical expertise.
4. Support Microsoft Windows and Apple MAC environments, including the windows stack, Active Directory, and hosted e-mail systems. Imaging and Deploying Desktops and Laptops for end users.
5. Expert level Management and Monitoring of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Windows Shares, Antivirus and backup servers.
6. Creating and maintaining client-related documentation.
7. Actively participate as a strategic member of the technology team, including contributing in team meetings and providing technical support for our managed service clients.
8. Patch Management of Servers and Workstations in Domain.
9. Analyze and consult on implementation and troubleshooting of technology products.
10. Perform other related duties as requested.
Expected Results of Principal Responsibilities:
1. Desktop operating system, user accounts and user training problems are effectively monitored and maintained.
2. A continuous and efficient desktop-operating system will be distributed and maintained.
3. Tickets are addressed in a timely manner, and are resolved as a team when necessary.
4. An adequate user environment exists with a ready source of information regarding that environment.
5. User productivity and efficiency will increase.
6. Cost effective productivity gains and greater efficiency through current technologies and application development and enhancement are achieved.
7. A stable and continuous operating environment will be deployed and maintained.
8. A consistent level of support and knowledge will be maintained.
9. Implementations are supported and managed successfully from start to completion.
10. All other related tasks are completed on time and accurately.
Make a living by making a difference. Apply online today! Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled/Other Protected Categories.
Confidential Financial Services Company