Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
Location: Houston, Texas
Job ID: 333320
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
We are seeking a full-time Production Supervisor at our Houston Southerland location. The Production Supervisor reports to the Production Manager and is responsible for supervising and training manufacturing personnel in a manner consistent with Company policies and procedures. Other responsibilities include planning and managing the day to day allocation of resources (equipment, people, materials, and systems) in order to efficiently, safely, and cost-effectively achieve performance targets. Performance improvement strategies such as coaching, training, and developing employees are also expected. The production supervisor also Implements and ensures adherence to company policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Supervise personnel and coordinate production workflow
• Ensure all production schedules are completed at the end of the shift and that company quality standards are met each day
• Track absenteeism and review and approve employees’ time worked in timekeeping system
• Ensure that all personnel, prior to the start of shift, are wearing the correct safety equipment and that safety awareness is maintained throughout the shift
• Ensure that all safety and incident reporting procedures are followed as well as all individuals are properly trained, and their job functions are being performed correctly
• Report to maintenance and/or safety personnel any safety hazards or equipment malfunctions and/or maintenance
• Perform performance evaluations for direct reports
• Suggest and/or initiate personnel actions such as promotions, hires, transfers, pay adjustments, and terminations and ensure compliance with the Company’s affirmative action policy, practices, and procedures
• Investigate and resolve employee relation issues/conflicts
• Complete verbal and written disciplinary warnings/counseling in accordance with the company’s policy and procedures
• Regular and predictable attendance, the ability to safely perform tasks, and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of your job
To be considered for a Production Supervisor position, the following conditions must be met:
• Minimum 2 years manufacturing supervisory experience
• Able to plan, allocate resources, manage production, and coordinate people and equipment
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Problem analysis resolution
• Able to read and perform basic mathematical calculations as well as read and write measurements in numbers, fractions, and decimals at a high school education or equivalent level
• Able to read and properly utilize a tape measure
• Experience in glass/metal industry preferred
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
• Only online applications will be accepted
• When applying, please provide full employment history
• Pre-employment background screening will be conducted on qualified applicants after acceptance of job offer
What CRH Americas Offers You
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope is an E-Verify Employer.