Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Location: Meridian, Idaho
The Power System Specialist will be our representative that creates partnerships by being the technical resource for the project installation teams. This individual will implement our specific site safety plan for the installation of our equipment and will lead the startup commissioning process. This position will allow us to manage our project costs while providing the highest level of customer satisfaction through process improvement, innovation and teamwork. In meeting the goals of this objective, they will create experiences that inspires confidence and drives loyalty. This position will work under the direction of the Power Systems Sales Manager.
* Strategizes with sales representative to gain understanding of each project and ensure its success.
* Maintains communication with local engineering and contractor community as a skilled technical resource.
* Provides jobsite safety awareness of Power System products to be delivered. Instructs & educates owners on operational parameters of the new installation. Engages with owner and PSSR to secure a Customer Service Agreement.
* Manages open orders and proactively updates customers/sales representative on project timelines.
* Prepares project technical submittal for review and approval by all stakeholders. Assist electrical contractors, owners and engineers through the approval process.
* Develops and provides project specific installation wiring diagrams through programs such as AutoCad, Adobe and PowerPoint.
* Travels to jobsites to obtain stakeholders project expectations, develops schedule and communicates consistently with stakeholders on project schedule / milestones.
* Ensure customer receives the welcome packages and the Operation and Maintenance Manuals, spare parts and close out items as required. Closes out the financials at the end of the project.
* Assist with providing rental generators and rental contract deliveries with customers.
* Searches for innovative ideas and develops improvements to our processes to inspire confidence in our stakeholders.
* Inspect and commissions the installed equipment, ensuring that products are installed and placed into service in accordance with manufacturer's guidelines. Schedules work that requires more in depth attention with Service Department for a field technician as required.
* Performs and assists Industrial Original Equipment Manufacturers on installation of engines and compliance with Tier 4 audits.
* Inspects and receives in and creates/tracks Equipment Management Records on all products received at the jobsite.
* Actively cares and advocates safety at Western States. Adhere to all applicable safety policies, procedures and standards.
* Serves as a team member in support of Western States' strategic programs, projects, and initiatives.
* Works within and promote corporate vision, mission, and values of the organization.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* In depth knowledge of electricity, electrical safety, and electrical power generation operations.
* Skills and abilities to use diagnostic tools (Multimeters, DbA Meter) ect in performance of tasks. Will require personal tooling for work to be accomplished on jobsite.
* Proven skills in written and verbal communications, planning, organizing, negotiation, listening, and interpersonal relationship building.
* Knowledge and use of Microsoft computer products or other comparable systems required.
* AutoCAD and PDF Professional experience a plus
* Knowledge or ability to learn Cat software (ET, CSQ, Spec Sizer, EOMP), DBS, AX and CODA.
* Ability to set and manage priorities.
* Must be able to visualize, multi-task and have great attention to details.
* Must be able to prioritize with the customers and Sales Representatives.
* Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with others.
* Consistent attendance with ability to travel away for several days
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* AAS Degree in Power System Related Industry or current electrical license preferred.
* 5 year power systems generator or electrical installation experience required. Caterpillar environment experience preferred.
* Acceptable driving record and valid driver's license required.
* Must own required tools.
* Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write in English).
* Must be able to sit for long periods of time along with walking, standing, climbing stairs, reaching pushing, pulling, leaning and twisting.
* Able to lift up to 25 lbs. in accordance with Western States' Lifting Safe Work Practice to include amount and approach.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keep Your Seats Filled
Keep Your Seats Filled
Keep Your Seats Filled