Posted in Other 29 days ago.
Location: Annapolis, Maryland
SSI Operations Administrator
Are you someone who seeks opportunity and has a true desire to grow your career with an organization that has enriched the lives of its clients and communities in the Greater Washington region for more than 150 years? If so, Sandy Spring Bank may be the perfect fit for you!
Sandy Spring Bank is a growing financial services company focused on creating real experiences for our employees, clients, shareholders and communities. We are proud to have been certified as A Great Place To Work, recognized by The Washington Post and the Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace, by Forbes magazine as the #1 Bank in Maryland, as well as by American Banker as a Best Bank to Work For. It is our employees who play an integral role in shaping who we are as a company and upholding what matters most to us: people and relationships.
To help us attract the highest quality individuals, we offer a comprehensive benefits package to those who qualify. We offer competitive market salaries, paid time off, multiple retirement savings options, full health care options, life insurance, health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, career development opportunities, tuition assistance and volunteer opportunities. We are proud to offer those, and so much more, making Sandy Spring Bank a remarkable place to work and build a career.
About The Job
Sandy Spring Bank is currently recruiting for an Insurance Operations Administrator in the Sandy Spring Insurance (SSIC) division. If you are the chosen candidate, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining workflows to generate accurate and timely agency reports. This position facilitates the serving of client and agency needs by utilizing available system resources, as well as finding and implementing solutions to create efficiency and generate consistency within the agency.
Areas of focus:
* Support all departments with an emphasis on administration, operations, and reporting to fulfill business needs.
* Maintain accurate agency security groups, and adding/removing staff as needed.
* Analyzes workflows to improve processes, as well as, increase efficiency and consistency.
* Develop, formulate, recommend and implement workflow improvements to enhance business operations.
* Run monthly and workflow audit reports. Send out to management and staff.
* Effectively support and drive results by guiding internal clients through technology advances, operational changes, and new initiatives through training and communication.
* Build and maintain strong working relationships with both internal and external clients and leaders.
* Identify and solve issues strategically by considering multiple variables and understanding the needs of both internal and external clients. Work with SSB IT to configure Applied Epic updates and solve server issues.
* Participate in establishing operational goals to promote consistency, with a focus on delivering a remarkable Client Experience.
* Prepare and/or conduct presentations for all departments and management.
* Participate in projects as assigned.
* Serve as administrator of carrier websites. Add and remove staff appointments with carries.
* Support accounting department with downloads, suspense and billing.
* Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications or related field; or equivalent work experience in the Property & Casualty Insurance field (at least 5 years).
* Basic understanding of underwriting and marketing functions and environments
* Property & Casualty Insurance License preferred
* Maintain appropriate credentials (i.e., licensing, continuing education) as needed
* Demonstrated planning and execution abilities, including strong project management skills.
* Experience with developing workflows.
* Exceptional interpersonal skills, including excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Knowledge of the following is preferred:
* Policy/billing management system features/functionality (We use Applied Systems Epic database software)
* Imaging/document management software and workflow (We use Applied Systems Epic software)
* Word processing software (We use Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Sandy Spring Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace environment and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Sandy Spring Bank requires COVID-19 vaccination(s) as a condition of employment for all employees. Submission of Covid-19 Vaccination Card is required if hired. Accommodations may be available for those who are unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position, please call our job line at 1-800-399-5919 and select option 5. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Apply NowShare Save Job