Posted in Restaurant - Food Service 30+ days ago.
Location: Rochester, New York
Are you ready to apply your expertise to a rewarding career with a leader in the hospitality industry? Join the DelMonte Hotel Group team! We are currently seeking experienced and driven candidates just like you to serve as a Line Cook. Did we also mention we are now offering a $500 Hiring Bonus?
You will play a key role to ensure a great guest and colleague experience. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, a tight-knit and supportive work environment, plus numerous opportunities for professional development and advancement. Become part of our family and see why so many of our associates have made DelMonte Hotel Group their career home. Contact us today – we’re waiting to hear from you!
As a Line Cook, you will prepare food items for the restaurant, in-room dining and catering functions
Your specific duties in this role will include:
• Perform opening and closing procedures per checklists.
• Ensure compliance with food safety and handling policies and procedures i.e., use dates, temperature of appliances and food.
• Wash, peel, slice, portion, chop, mix and store ingredients for use.
• Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards and presentation standards.
• Portion and arrange food on serving dishes.
• Write and develop feature offerings for each service period.
• Monitor food quantity and quality to avoid waste.
• Keep work area clean at all times.
• Be fully knowledgeable of all menu items and features including their garnish, contents and preparation methods. Answer questions from servers or guests as needed.
• Assist in same day or advance prep for any and all stations in the kitchen.
• Assist in checking all fixtures, equipment and conditions (lights, heating/cooling, appliances, wallpaper, etc.) for proper operation, settings and maintenance. Report deficiencies.
We are looking for a self-motivated Line Cook with a strong work ethic and a drive to exceed expectations. It is also important that you have excellent communication skills.
Specific qualifications for the role include:
• 1 to 3 years related experience in a food preparation role
• Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Solid organizational, time-management and prioritization skills
• Exceptional customer service skills
As a Line Cook with DelMonte Hotel Group, you will be part of a hospitality leader that prides itself on cultivating a workplace that feels like home and that brings out the best in you, each and every day. It’s the kind of company where many of our associates come for a job, but stay for a career—the kind of place where your strengths will be appreciated, and where each of us can truly be ourselves.
Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with excellent compensation packages, which may vary somewhat depending on location.
• Competitive pay
• Comprehensive benefit packages for full-time positions
• Hotel room discounts at our locations around the globe
• Discounts on food and beverages
• Professional development and advancement opportunities
See job description
Keep Your Seats Filled
Keep Your Seats Filled
CHA Consulting, Inc.