Posted in Engineering 5 days ago.
Location: Newburgh, New York
Akima Support Operations (ASO), provides logistics, facilities maintenance and operations, transportation and support services for mission-critical military installations and civilian agencies around the country. From the homes of U.S. Central Command and U.S. Special Operations Command to the highways of suburban Virginia, ASO experts and professionals work behind the scenes to ensure smooth and continuous operations. Our personnel enjoy competitive benefits packages and challenging roles in work environments committed to safety, diversity and opportunity for career growth. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), 100% of our company’s profits go back to our 14,300 Iñupiat shareholders that have resided near and above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years. Our business helps support their way of life and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived in a challenging environment.
• The Dispatcher on duty is responsible for dispatching vehicles/drivers, directing the Standby Driver with daily duties, inspecting/issuing log books, taxi dispatching, establishing, maintaining issuing EZ Passes, credit cards, ensuring pre/post checks are completed, updating and maintaining dispatch spreadsheets, ensuring accuracy and completeness of driver’s paperwork, arrival/departure times, coordinating all vehicle breakdown/recovery procedures, and ensuring accuracy of 1-189s..
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position)
• Provide vehicle operator with information on the proper use of vehicle being issued and the proper documentation including but not limited to Form 20-103, DA Form 2408-14, and Standard Forms 91 and 94.
• Dispatch using GCSS Army, updating dispatch, checking license requirements and vehicle availability.
• Ensure daily POL reading and Title V documentation is complete in absence of POL attendant
• Receive and review vehicle accident reports (Standard Form 91) to ensure that all required information and actions are complete when Driver Examiner not available.
• Inspect vehicle operators for proper dress, license and ID badge prior to issuing commitment. .
• Document shift by completing proper paperwork including but not limited to Daily Staff Journal and Conversation Reports.
• Make immediate notification to Transportation Manager/Transportation Coordinator or Project Manager of any situations that are not routine.
• Inventory and account for vehicle keys.
• Coordinate/Supervise vehicle recovery/breakdown in accordance with Government/Company policy
• Dispatch vehicles/drivers/udrives in accordance with AR 58-1, Motor Vehicle Operations and DA PAM 750-8, Chapter 2, Operational Processes, Forms, Records and Dispatch Procedures. Ensuring proper driver’s license, pre/post check completed and USMA Form1-189 annotated with required information
• Dispatching shall occur in conjunction with vehicle services and repairs and should close any dispatch on any vehicle that is taken for services; or deadlineable repairs, and will open dispatches on vehicles when services or deadlineable repairs are complete.
• Mandatory overtime maybe required
• Daily monitoring and updating of all Dispatch Spreadsheets
• Inspect drivers timesheets labor hour, passenger count sheets to ensure complete and accurate
• Monitor drivers time in and time out to ensure drivers are on time for commitments and commitments are complete
• Issue and maintain EZ Passes and credit cards and relative spreadsheets.
• Directs/assigns daily responsibilities to standby drivers and ensures all assignments completed
• Replace drivers as needed on schedule as result of sick calls IAW Company guidelines.
• Provide directions and route assistance to drivers as needed.
• Dispatch GPS units as needed.
• Coordinate vehicle breakdown/recovery with driver/government agency/Company representatives.
• Dispatcher ensures all drivers have called in for next day’s shift
• Ensure all vehicles are cleaned, prepped and ready for dispatch. All USMA Form 1-189s are accurate and ready for dispatch.
• Coordinate after hours snow emergency operations, wrecker service and emergency snow repair and support.
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
• High School diploma or GED
• Dispatcher qualified
• SAMS/GCSS Army Knowledge
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must be able to understand, read, write, and speak fluent English
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to follow oral and written directions.
• Must be able to operate a two-way radio dispatch control system.
• Knowledge of automated equipment, dispatching procedures IAW AR 750-8 (Army Maintenance Management System) and SAMS/GCSS Army.
• Knowledgeable of and compliance with the laws and regulations applicable to the safe operation of motor vehicles.
• Experience with Microsoft Office,
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description generally cover the nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. This is not intended to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Subject to the terms of an applicable collective bargaining agreement, the company management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as may be necessary. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Recruiting Services at email@example.com or 571-353-7053. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance to apply to an open position using our website.
Please do not use the dedicated email or phone number above to inquire on the status of your job application.
In order for our company to stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance with the online application.