Posted in Other 3 days ago.
Location: Connell, Washington
Job Description Summary
This position will have the responsibility of performing routine preventative maintenance and emergency work while supporting the operations of the production/packaging, diagnosing equipment problems, executing repairs, replacing, and setting up equipment, using equipment repair manuals, and assisting in the training of operators in equipment operation and basic care. The position will primarily be located in Packaging, Bulkroom, Freezer and ATL of the facility. On occasion the position could be called on to support maintenance task in the plant processing area.
This position may be required to work any shift and/or all days of the week in accordance with operational and the plant needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include the following:
Other duties may be assigned.
Routine Maintenance Duties
•Able to perform maintenance work, repair, and adjustment of equipment; change and replace belts, pulleys, sprockets, bearings, chains,motorsandgeneral maintenance on other specialty equipment unique topackaging.
• Able to diagnose and repair problems with valves, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment.
• Able to read operating instructionsandmaintenancemanualsto perform repairs.
• Able to updateCMMS (computerized maintenance management system)with status and details of work order results daily.
• Able to maintain organized workspaces, tools, support 5S,centerlining, and documentation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
The following list of qualifications is not intended to be complete but should serve to guide candidates interested in considering bidding for the position.
• Ability to performsimple plumbing tasks.
• Ability to use hoists and rigging equipment safely.
• Ability to obtain certification for forklift, knuckle boom and manlift.
• Ability todiagnose/repair electrical issues.
• Knowledge of equipment typical to wastepackaging, screening shakers, conveyors, gearboxes, pumpsinapplicationtohydraulics,hydraulicsand pneumatics for opening, closing, and controlling equipment.
• Ability to properly use and read a VOA meter and megger.
• Ability to successfully utilize computer systems and processes that support effective work planning.
• Attention to detail and pride in workmanship.
• Ability to stay self-motivated manage workload to meet deadlines.
• History of working safelyincluding both,those new to the companyandcurrent LW employees.
• Ability to recognize and mitigate risk to achieve safe outcomes.
• Ability to acquire and maintaintools onMech II toolslist within7days in the role.
• Ability to meet LW requirements to operate a company vehicle.
• Ability to differentiate AC/DC Motors and Controls
• Ability toOperate, troubleshoot and makeminor/majoradjustments to all packaging equipmentso as toperform proper functionality.
• Ability toElectrically/Mechanically diagnose and repair all packaging equipment.
• Understanding basics of PLC controls.
• Complete Understanding/Knowledge of labeling systems(bag/case/pallet)and ability to repair them.
• Complete Understanding/Knowledge of Metal Detection systems and ability to repair.
• CompleteUnderstanding/Knowledge of weighing systems and the ability to Tune/Calibrate as well as repair them.
• Complete Understanding/Knowledge of the functions of the Palletizers and the ability to diagnose/repair all aspects of them.
• Complete Understanding/Knowledge of the ATL functionality and the ability to repair any electronic control or mechanical part.
Must have a complete knowledge as well as demonstrate plant safety rules including but not limited to the lockout-tagout procedure, confined space entry, chemical hazards, and the hearing conservation program. While performing task is expected to identify risk to themselves and others and modify task to mitigate these risks to insure a safe outcome. Is expected to properly use PPE as it relates to maintenance tasks and operating specialized maintenance tools and equipment. Must have good personal hygiene and be able to practice safe work habits.