Posted in General Business 12 days ago.
Location: Houston, Texas
• Provide leadership and guidance to develop Kinder Morgan strategies and long range plans in response to regulation changes impacting Kinder Morgan Operations.
• Monitor regulatory agencies and industry standards for proposed and final changes in environmental, health and safety, process safety, pipeline safety, and other requirements, interpretations and guidance. Regulatory monitoring includes federal, provincial, state, regional, and local jurisdictions where Kinder Morgan operates.
• Facilitate the determination of applicability and the operational and financial implications of proposed and final regulations and industry standards for business units.
• Administer the Kinder Morgan Monthly Regulatory Update and Verification processes and systems including associated communications, implementation tracking, software, and databases. Manage subscription services used to track regulatory changes, such as E&E News, Law360, and RegScan.
• Develop written comments on proposed regulations and facilitate review and comment on behalf of Kinder Morgan on documents developed by trade groups.
• Communicate impacts of proposed regulatory and industry standard changes to Technical Working Groups, Regulatory Compliance Work Group, Operations Support Group and business unit personnel.
• Lead the integration of regulatory and industry standard updates and changes with other business processes, such as regulatory change implementation tracking, compliance management systems, and audits.
• Proactively work with industry trade groups to advance Kinder Morgan's goals and objectives.
• Administer Kinder Morgan's EHS Policy Manual to keep content current with applicable regulations and assist in the development of policies, procedures, and guidance documents.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in science, engineering or related field from an accredited school
• Proficiency in Microsoft office applications including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to effectively influence all levels of management, as well as the ability to work successfully with local, state, provincial, and federal regulators and officials and with industry organizations.
• Possess a strong knowledge of environmental, safety and pipeline safety regulations and their relevance to pipeline, processing, and storage operations and assets.
• Strong knowledge of regulatory structure associated with environmental, safety and pipeline safety.
• Ability to identify potential applicability of proposed regulatory requirements and industry standards, and develop methods to comply with requirements for business unit operations and assets.
• Possess general understanding of how regulations, industry standards, policies and procedures apply to and affect business unit operations.
• Demonstrated experience performing regulatory analysis including interpretation and applicability of environmental regulations.
• Strong working knowledge of industry applicability and regulatory requirements under the Clean Air Act (40 CFR 50 - 99), Air Pollution Controls (40 CFR 1000 - 1099), National Environmental Policy Act (40 CFR 1500 - 1599) required.
• Additional knowledge and industry applicability of RCRA (40 CFR 260 - 299), CERCLA (40 CFR 300 - 349) and Clean Water Act (40 CFR 100 - 149) preferred.
• Working knowledge of and industry experience with OSHA PHMSA, NEB, CRE, ASEA, DOT Hazardous Materials Transportation, FDA, MSHA, and FERC regulations preferred.
• Ability to accurately communicate complex regulatory requirements in concise layman's terms.
• Well-developed organizational skills including the ability to manage several projects at once.
• Ability to identify stakeholder needs and develop working relationships, consensus and highly functional teams.
• Strong leadership skills including influencing, interpersonal, listening and motivational skills that will include working with people with a variety of disciplines, experience, and backgrounds.
• Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
• Travel is required and is anticipated to be 20% annually, in a post-pandemic work environment
• Satisfactory driving record as determined by the Company and a valid state driver license.
• Exhibit high regard for ethics and personal safety, safety of company assets and employees, and the general public.
• Must be able to work with a team, take direction from supervisor, adhere to work schedules, focus on details, and follow work rules.
• Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in regulatory compliance.
• Experience as a compliance professional providing service to a Kinder Morgan business unit operation.
• Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
This position is located in the Houston, Texas or Denver, Colorado.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.