Posted in General Business 4 days ago.
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Careers that Change Lives
The Sr. Software Engineer role designs, delivers, and supports Manufacturing Excellence System (MES) applications for new development programs. They are responsible for the development and release of MES and user-interface solutions supporting the release of new product manufacturing lines. This engineer would also be involved in determining
This engineer would be responsible for designing and implementing both the software and the hardware portion of the MES solution. This development is accomplished by interfacing with manufacturing and process development engineers to create a system that tracks all manufacturing data including SPC, equipment-to-MES interactions, inventory transactions, and user interfaces. The solution development includes integration of software and hardware and will include debugging while interfacing to the equipment, qualification and validation documentation, and support for system releases. Utilizes software languages and environments such as LabVIEW for the development and writing of code. Troubleshoots software and hardware problems using root cause analysis and provides technical solutions for MES and equipment-interaction related problems and provides cycle time improvement solutions.
You can grow your career with us; we hope you'll consider joining our team!
A Day in the Life
• Developing software applications and interfaces utilizing software languages and environments preferably LabVIEW
• Designing, developing, and debugging dedicated MES solutions for new product development
• Deployment and qualification and of equipment and software. Ensures appropriate documentation is maintained and completed for all technology programs transferred to product line specific areas
• Design and qualify new custom tools/equipment (IQ/OQ/PQ, Support)
• Following software application development procedures and demonstrate compliance through technical documentation generation
• Active and key participant in the evaluation and strategic planning for new: technology, products and materials and their impact on the business. Performs research and evaluates new ideas & technologies
• Develops electromechanical technical solutions to complex problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity
• Lead and foster a culture of driving toward high quality designs, collaboration, and innovation
• Work is performed with minimal direction
• All activities must be performed in compliance with the Quality System.
• Performs duties in compliance with environmental, health and safety related site rules, policies or governmental regulations
• Travel requirement: less than 10%
• Bachelor's Degree and 4+ years of Engineering experience OR advanced degree and 2+ years of Engineering experience
Nice to Have
• Bachelors in Electrical Engineering, Controls Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Computer Engineering or related Engineering discipline
• Software application development experience
• Programming development (i.e. FactoryWorks)
• Experience working in a medical or other regulated industry
• Strong communication, manufacturing process, product industrialization and leadership skills
• Solid design, troubleshooting and presentation skills
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)
On Assignment, Inc./Oxford Global Resources