Posted in General Business 4 days ago.
Location: Chester, Pennsylvania
Electrical Maintenance Technician
• Actively participate in a High Performance Work Team environment, sharing knowledge and skills with all other team members
• Support the planning and execution of daily/weekly/and shutdown activities
• Actively participate in failure analysis and equipment/systems troubleshooting
• Identify patterns of failures and ways to design out failures
• Provide routine maintenance training to team members
• Participate in cost effective decision making, for example, labor, parts, materials
• Actively participate in the design, implementation and upgrade of all reliability programs
• Identify and maintain critical spare inventory levels, working with stores
• Participate in shutdown planning and two-week planning processes, including work and parts preparation
• Set up and operate all types of mechanical tools which could include general machinists’ tools, alignment devices
• Read blue prints and related technical literature as required. Fabricate jobs from blue prints and sketches.
• Learn window-based computer systems and Kimberly Clark specific systems such as SAP, TALCM and DTR.
• Be willing and have the mechanical aptitude to lead and execute repairs on high speed rotating equipment
• To work with and on occasion, lead others (operators, crafts, contractors, suppliers)
• To be proficient in the assembly, disassembly and installation of mechanical systems and components commonly found on high speed rotating equipment
• To be proficient in the safe execution of rigging and large equipment transportation
Schedule: 1st shift which will be either 6:00am-2:00pm or 7:00am-3:00pm and shift work as needed
• High School Diploma or GED equivalency
• Must be able to work occasional overtime including nights, holidays, weekends / could also be required to work 8 - 12 hour rotating shifts
• Read and write basic English
• Basic computer skills: MS Word, Excel, Outlook
• Candidate must be able to work on elevated work platforms, catwalks, scaffolding, etc. and enter confined spaces
• Candidate must meet and maintain medical qualifications required by the job.
• Must follow all site and asset safety practices and procedures and must value working safely.
• Good problem solving and decision making skills
• Ability to work safely in a multi-functional team environment
• Able to handle multiple priorities
• Solid team player interested in helping others
• Motivated self-starter
• Must understand predictive/preventative maintenance concepts and demonstrate willingness to learn and continue education
At least one of the following is required:
• Related two year technical degree
• Completed Apprenticeship
• Equivalent military MOS
• Minimum 5 years trade/work experience in a related manufacturing field or equivalent.
• 30 months work experience in a manufacturing field or equivalent
• Experience with high speed manufacturing and converting equipment
• Knowledge of SAP
• Programming Rockwell PLC, VFDrives and HMI software required: RSLogix5000, RSLogix 5, Review Factory Talk (Control Logix, GuardLogix, PLC5, PanelView, Networks: EtherNet, DH+, RIO, PowerFlex and other Rockwell drives)
• In addition to PLC knowledge, specific trade experience in general electrical maintenance, instrumentation, DCS, and low to medium voltage electrical work experience are desirable.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
For Kimberly-Clark to grow and prosper, we must be an inclusive organization that applies the diverse experiences and passions of its team members to brands that make life better for people all around the world. We actively seek to build a workforce that reflects the experiences of our consumers. When you bring your original thinking to Kimberly-Clark, you fuel the continued success of our enterprise. We are a committed equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
This position may require a post-offer/pre-hire Physical Abilities Test (PAT) to confirm that individuals are able to perform the essential functions of the job.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship. This position is subject to drug and alcohol testing, including pre-employment testing.