Posted in General Business 1 day ago.
Location: Chester, Virginia
Contribute to the mission of Goodwill by assisting customers with donated goods. Responsible for the timely, accurate and safe pre-sorting of donations.
(Other duties within the scope of this position may be assigned.)
1. Provide prompt, efficient, and courteous service to all customers, internal and external.
2. Assist customers with their donations by promptly greeting every donor and assisting them in unloading their vehicle, being very careful not to damage their car.
3. Accurately presort donations by category and label donations accordingly.
4. Safely, efficiently and accurately load trailers.
5. Maintain a clean and organized work environment to ensure safe working area for associates and customers.
6. Ensure the security of company assets. Immediately report known or suspected security and/or theft problems (internal/external).
7. Know and adhere to department policies and procedures.
8. Communicate directly and consistently with supervisor, relating problems with the donation area and customers.
9. Set a positive public image by adhering to the dress code and personal hygiene standards set forth by Goodwill.
10. Exercise sound judgment when dealing with customers, making decisions that positively affect both customers and Goodwill.
The associate in this position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
High School Diploma or GED preferred. Will consider a combination of education and work experience.
No previous experience required.
No professional certifications are required for this position.
The associate is not required to drive as part of their job duties.
The associate in this position will be required to successfully pass a criminal background check.
Lives the Values, Drives for Results, Customer Focus, Communication, Job Skills Knowledge
Associates are required to follow Goodwill's safety rules and regulations, as outlined in Goodwill's policies.
Information Privacy and Security
Physical Demands/Work Environment/Work Conditions
The associate is required to lift up to 50 pounds with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
The associate works in a moderate work environment with occasional exposure to extreme atmospheric conditions (temperature, noise, fumes, dust, etc.).
The associate must be available to work evenings and/or weekends as business needs dictate.
Goodwill of Central and Coastal Virginia is anEqualOpportunity/AffirmativeAction employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pleaseclick on this linkto access our EEO / Affirmative Action Program posters and learn about your rights as an applicant.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact the recruiting team at Goodwill of Central and Coastal Virginia at804-745-6300or via email atRecruitingAccommodations@goodwillvirginia.org. All information you provide will be keptconfidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
Applicants using Assistive Technology are encouraged to use our Indeed job board to submit applications.Click here to go to our Indeed Job board.