Posted in General Business 4 days ago.
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Hancock Natural Resource Group ("HNRG"), a Manulife Investment Management company, is a leading globally focused timber and farmland investment manager, with AUM of around $14 billion and a portfolio of assets located in North America, Latin America and Australia. Its agriculture platform invests in and manages around $4 billion in investments, with a highly diversified farmland portfolio in terms of commodities and geographies.
Through its Farmland Plus strategy, HNRG's Ag platform seeks to invest in vertically integrated agricultural operations, in which it intends to deploy significant resources (people and capital) to grow (i) the business organically through myriad value creation initiatives, as well as (ii) via M&A.
The Director, Portfolio Company Management, will lead the oversight of portfolio companies owned by HNRG clients/funds. In that effort, this person will develop and lead a team focused on (a) integrating new investments, (b) developing the tactical plans to prepare the companies for growth, and (c) executing the value creation plan for each portfolio company. In addition, this person will support the development of investment theses in any given vertical, as well as lead the communication and collaboration efforts with internal stakeholders such as Client Account Management, Resource Planning and Analysis, Financial Reporting, Global Agricultural Operations and other teams as needed. From time to time, this person could serve on operating company boards and/or shareholder committees. The Farmland Plus strategy is expected to be a major driver of growth for HNRG. As of Q1 2021, the Farmland Plus team has deployed approximately $250M into platform companies in North and South America, and we expect to continue to grow the strategy to a $1B platform in the future. This role will have primary responsibility over all value creation activities in the portfolio companies we invest in. Candidates should have a combination of demonstrated strategic and analytical abilities, along with project management and communication skills to lead projects to completion while interacting with a diverse set of stakeholders (investors, senior management, customers and suppliers, deal and partnership counterparts, among others) on a frequent basis.
• Coordinate with Head of Farmland Plus on annual goals/objectives of Farmland Plus, priorities and work allocations
• Develop, hire and lead Portfolio Company Management team
• Provide guidance and oversight to Portfolio Company Leads for each portfolio company
• Oversee and support Portfolio Company Leads in maximizing value creation in portfolio companies by developing strategic plans designed to deliver revenue growth, operational efficiencies, and/or new capabilities
• Working with the Strategy and Transaction Leads of Farmland Plus, support the investment thesis development and origination plans in each identified vertical of interest
• Working with Transaction Leads, support the closing of transactions and participate in the integration process for newly-owned portfolio companies
• Oversee and support the development of comprehensive board reporting and communication for each portfolio company, covering global market updates, operational health and safety, key strategic initiatives and progress, financial results and other matters to boards and shareholders
• Participate actively in key management committees.
Summary of Job Requirements
• Seasoned agribusiness operations professional with 10+ years of relevant experience; or
• Experience managing financial, commercial, and/or production teams in operating business; or
• Experience as operations partner in private equity or management consulting firm, preferably focused on agribusiness or industrials/manufacturing
• Capable of developing mental framework for management of portfolio company during all phases of investment lifecycle, and advising company leads and executives through issues in all phases
• Advanced knowledge and experience in strategy development and implementation, financial planning and analysis, project and change management and people management
• Experience managing direct reports and ability to work in a dynamic and matrixed environment
• Highly organized, detail-oriented and a clear communicator with ability to work seamlessly with investors and operators
• Demonstrated success in driving projects to completion with track record of success
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills including ability to build relationships globally
• Bachelors degree required; MBA or Masters Degrees in relevant industries preferred.
If you are ready to unleash your potential, it's time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
About John Hancock and Manulife
John Hancock is a unit of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife globally, including Canada, Asia and Europe. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.1 trillion) as of June 30, 2021. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com .
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports more than 10 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance , annuities , investments , 401(k) plans , and education savings plans . Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com .
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention,advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies .To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
E EO is the Law I Family & Medical Leave I Employee Polygraph Protection I Right to Work I E-Verify I Pay Transparency
Spaulding Nursing & Therapy Ctr - Brighton (SRN and SRB)
Brigham & Women's Faulkner Hospital(BWFH)
Brigham & Women's Hospital(BWH)