Posted in Management 8 days ago.
Location: BRENTWOOD, Missouri
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The incumbent is responsible for assisting with the overall program, supervision of youth and day-to-day operation of the assigned program.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you. The Gateway Region YMCA strictly follows a zero tolerance policy regarding child abuse.
1. Provide a safe and high quality experience to the participants.
2. Lead youth in educational, recreational, or social activities according to the program goals.
3. Maintain positive relationships with many diverse people, including staff, youth, volunteers and program site administration, demonstrating strong public relations.
4. Ensure YMCA policies and guidelines are followed at all times.
5. Provide safe conditions for the children and refrain from engaging in activities that may be hazardous or negligent to the well-being of the children.
6. Supervise youth at all times and be responsible for assertive discipline procedures.
7. Responsible for all aspects of customer service - including greeting parents, handling questions and staying informed on program activities.
8. Ensure the individual needs of youth are met for proper coordination of the program.
9. Performs all other duties as assigned.
The YMCA Welcomes a Diverse Workforce
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
GATEWAY REGION YMCA
GATEWAY REGION YMCA