Posted in Admin - Clerical 3 days ago.
Location: Tucson, Arizona
The Case Manager is responsible for managing assigned caseload in compliance with the under the direct supervision of the Clinic Manager, with oversight from Clinical and Operations Supervisors including Medical Director. Serves as the main contact for services required outside of the counseling arena and assists assigned counselor with all requirements, needs, supports and tasks requested for client and required for chart completion.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITES
- Required to provide advocacy and linkage to community resources for health and social services needs identified during the
initial assessment process and throughout treatment participation.
- Coordination of internal support needs and to reduce treatment barriers.
- Assist with screening potential clients for program, scheduling intake appointments, intake and orientation of new clients to
- Monitors Medicaid paperwork for enrollment and disenrollment from services and completes required intake and discharge
forms as required. Facilitate Medicaid or other insurance needs and processes for all clients, including documentation of
Insurance/Medicaid and tracking clients use of services.
- Complete wellness phone call checks and maintain progress notes and other required documentation for services provided as
directed by the Clinic Manager and Clinical team members.
- Responsible for tx and service referrals as needed, as well as coordination of care with PCP and other mutual providers (MH
tx, DCS, probation/parole, etc).
- Assists with transportation arrangements as needed.
- Arranges for courtesy dosing and requesting exceptions to take home medication policy.
- Collaborates with counselor to follow up regarding AWOLs and abnormal drug screens.
- Facilitates internal transfers to other CMS locations as well as transfers to external MAT programs.
- Assist clients upon intake with appropriate documentation, including, but not limited to: releases of information, Coordination
of Care letters, client fee agreements, advanced directives, and language assistance forms.
- Facilitating the application and tracking process for the Substance Use Disorder Voucher process and communication with
clients regarding the process.
- Facilitate client clinical documentation, coordinating with the assigned counselor.
- Attends required meetings: Clinical staff meetings, clinical oversight, workshops, seminars and training, etc. as assigned by
the Clinic Manager or Clinical and Operations Supervisor, including and Medical Director.
Education, Certification and Experience Requirements
- Must be 21 years of age
- High school diploma or GED as well as a combination of behavioral health education and work experience totaling a minimum
of 1 year. Bachelor’s degree in a related field a plus. Valid state-issued driver's license and MVR clearance is required. Three
years of driving experience is required. A 39-month MVR is required for you to have at the time of your interview.
- Knowledge of behavioral management, de-escalation methods, crisis intervention, and defusing techniques to prevent violent
behavior harmful to self or others and the ability to apply these techniques to a client population in various levels of crisis.
- Academic & working knowledge of DSM V, community resources, clinical methods and procedures and application of the
same. Residential experience, knowledge of psychotropic medications.
- Basic knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to perform duties with a minimum of supervision.
- Experience working with multi-cultural and low socio-economic individuals.
- General knowledge & aptitude for working independently with adults of mixed ethnic groups.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) speaking preferred
Tools and Equipment Requirements
- The ability to use a phone, computer, printer, and copier is required.
- Frequent use of Microsoft office products, including but not limited to Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- The ability to use the internet and various web browser software is required.
Physical Working Conditions and Office Setting Description
- Requires sitting and standing associated with a normal office environment.
- Manual dexterity using a calculator and computer keyboard.
- Requires prolonged sitting, standing, frequent bending, stooping, or stretching.
- Some lifting may be required.
- Frequent and prolonged typing and frequent and prolonged operation of computer, keyboard, and telephones required.
- Requires occasional use of fax machines, telephones, copiers, and other office equipment.
- Employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift
and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
See job description
Keep Your Seats Filled
FlightSafety International Inc
University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics Authority
Del Monte Hotel Management LLC
University of Oklahoma