Posted in General Business 4 days ago.
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Contribute to the mission of Goodwill in a Goodwill retail store. Maximize efficiency, store appearance, customer and associate satisfaction. Process donations in a timely manner for placement on the sales floor.
(Other duties within the scope of this position may be assigned.)
1. Inspects donations and raw material for quality to determine marketability as outlined in the Retail Operations Manual.
2. Sorts raw material-categorize for store use, salvage, trash.
3. Stands and tags donated items according to Goodwills rotation system as outlined in the Retail Operations Manual.
4. Stands and hangs sorted goods for placement on to retail sales floor based on productivity standards outlined in the Retail Operations Manual.
5. Produces appropriate number of items each day according to Goodwills minimum standards as outlined in the Retail Operations Manual.
6. Adheres to uniform dress code standards as outlined in the Retail Operations Manual.
7. Demonstrates an enthusiastic and positive attitude.
8. Able to work as a team member in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple priorities and quickly learning new procedures.
9. Able to be cross trained in multiple production and customer service positions.
10. Adheres to Assets Protection control and compliance procedures.
11. Able to communicate effectively with customers, peers and management.
12. Adheres to work schedule.
13. Able to handle the physical requirements to accomplish daily responsibilities.
The associate in this position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
High School Diploma or GED preferred. Will consider a combination of education and work experience.
No previous experience required.
No professional certifications are required for this position.
The associate is not required to drive as part of their job duties.
The associate in this position will be required to successfully pass a criminal background check.
Lives the Values, Drives for Results, Customer Focus, Communication, Job Skills Knowledge
Associates are required to follow Goodwill's safety rules and regulations, as outlined in Goodwill's policies.
Information Privacy and Security
Physical Demands/Work Environment/Work Conditions
The associate is required to lift up to 50 pounds with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
The associate works in a moderate work environment with occasional exposure to extreme atmospheric conditions (temperature, noise, fumes, dust, etc.).
The associate must be available to work evenings and/or weekends as business needs dictate.
Goodwill of Central and Coastal Virginia is anEqualOpportunity/AffirmativeAction employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pleaseclick on this linkto access our EEO / Affirmative Action Program posters and learn about your rights as an applicant.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact the recruiting team at Goodwill of Central and Coastal Virginia at804-745-6300or via email atRecruitingAccommodations@goodwillvirginia.org. All information you provide will be keptconfidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
Applicants using Assistive Technology are encouraged to use our Indeed job board to submit applications.Click here to go to our Indeed Job board.
Canada Dry Potomac Corporation
GOODWILL OF CENTRAL AND COASTAL VIRGINIA INC