Under the supervision of the Nursing Manager and the Director of Medical and Nursing Operations, the Nurse is responsible for administering medication to clients; assisting medical providers; conducting required testing; maintaining medication inventory and audit records; and provide support to the overall operations of the clinic. Above all, the Nurse is responsible for providing patient-centered care in a professional environment.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITES
- Administers medications as ordered/prescribed by a CMS medical provider
- Follows all medical provider orders
- Monitors behavioral patterns, medical symptoms, and physical symptoms related to dosage, as well as other symptoms related to drug use (both licit and illicit) and mental health concerns
- Obtains vital signs, blood specimens, and urine samples
- Processes point of care urine drug screens per company policy
- Prepares take-home medication (n/a in Montana)
- Monitors medication administration closely to prevent diversion
- Reports diversion to proper internal authorities
- Maintains accurate client records in company’s EHR system
- Documents medication errors and responds to adverse medical reactions per company policy
- Arranges temporary incoming and outgoing courtesy dosing clients
- Delivers medications to external facilities
- Orders necessary dosing room and nursing-related supplies
- Orders necessary medications (n/a in Montana)
- Maintains accurate medication inventory records
- Adheres to all federal, state, local, and accrediting body regulations
- Administers CPR, if necessary
Education, Certification and Experience Requirements
- Licensed LPN or RN in state(s) of employment
- Ability to travel to assigned CMS sites
- Experience in the field of substance use disorders preferred, but not required
- Basic to intermediate computer knowledge
- Knowledge of the signs of intoxication and opioid withdrawal symptoms
- Demonstrates accuracy in medication administration and ability to maintain accurate client records
- Problem solving, conflict resolution, and strong customer service skills
- Passion, humility, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
- Excellent organizational skills, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Culturally competent and sensitive to client and employee needs
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively between all organizational levels and with outside providers
- Participates in continuing education and/or other job-related training
- Adheres to and enforces company policies and procedures
Tools and Equipment Requirements
- The ability to use a phone, computer, printer, and copier is required.
- Frequent use of Microsoft office products, including but not limited to Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- The ability to use the internet and various web browser software is required.
Physical Working Conditions and Office Setting Description
- Requires sitting and standing associated with a normal office environment.
- Manual dexterity using a calculator and computer keyboard.
- Requires prolonged sitting, standing, frequent bending, stooping, or stretching.
- Frequent and prolonged typing and frequent and prolonged operation of computer, keyboard, and telephones required.
- Requires occasional use of fax machines, telephones, copiers, and other office equipment.
- Employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
See job description