Posted in General Business 2 days ago.
Location: Houston, Texas
Conducts research experiments and activities. Manages budgets and may help prepare grant proposals and manuscripts for publication.
1. Independently performs research experiments; conducts necessary literature research to design new experiments and improve techniques.
2. Assures safe working conditions for all laboratory staff.
3. Trains staff and undergraduate and graduate students in laboratory procedures and techniques.
4. Supervises the use of laboratory equipment and supplies; repairs equipment or calls appropriate repair personnel.
5. May help prepare manuscripts for publication, and/or review journal manuscripts written by others in the laboratory for accuracy.
6. Hires and supervises staff and other employees; establishes their work assignments.
7. May present experimental results at national and international meetings.
8. May help write annual project reports, grant proposals, and/or renewal applications to funding agencies.
9. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelors and 3 years experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience. Detailed knowledge of chemistry, and hazards related to chemicals. Experience in working in a chemistry laboratory setting. Experience with laboratory safety and spill/accident remedy. Experience in supervising lower level staff.
Additional Posting Information:
This position may also require:
Hospital Housekeeping Systems LLC