Posted in Art 11 days ago.
Location: Houston, Texas
• The Area Visual Manager is responsible for developing a consistent presence and communication with the Visual Designers in their area (3-4 stores) to ensure DSG processes are being followed. The Area Visual Manager reviews and assesses the overall presentation of the showroom meets DSG standards for guest readiness in their areas. Models appropriate behavior as exemplified in our mission statement and core values.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Uses an intimate knowledge of DSG showroom tactical processes, proper lighting and furniture staging techniques, and specific understanding of the various furniture styles/categories
• Ensures the day-to-day management and preparation of their “home” Homestore.
• Maintains a consistent in-person store visit (as agreed upon with Regional Visual Manager) with each store in the district to ensure store presentation is properly executed for guest readiness.
• Maintains a consistent follow up process with each store in the district to ensure leave behind action items are being addressed between store visits.
• Provides structure, trains and develops the stores Visual Designers in their area to ensure the Visual Designers’ performance and enhance their opportunity for growth.
• Maintains continuous communication with Regional Visual Manager on store performance and other aspects.
• Follows and executes the “VEC Summary” document and process to ensure the VM, Store Manager and DSG Management team are aligned with store performance and expectations.
• Ensures consistent and accurate Environmental Presentation, product Placement, Product Association Awareness, Backroom Cleanliness and Organization, Internal Communication, Leadership aligned with store performance and expectations.
• Travels 4-5 days per month on average, mostly 1-2 night stays per trip
• Travels in special circumstances (store openings, store refreshes, corporate meetings, etc).
• Other Duties as assigned.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications (such as Word, Excel)
• Ability to work independently, exercise appropriate action and good business judgement.
• Ability to communicate visual merchandising direction in a compelling manner
• Effective organizational skills, with the ability to handle multiple, overlapping and potentially conflicting priorities
• Ability to remain highly effective under stress and respond to pressure in a manner acceptable to other parties
• Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook as well as DSG Operating System(s) (Storis, Profit
• College degree Preferred.
• Preferred- 2-3 years in a retail home furnishings organization
• Experience with merchandising trends in the marketplace understanding consumer behavior and competitive pressures
• The physical activities of this position may include sitting, speaking, standing, climbing, pushing, standing, hearing, walking, reaching, grasping, kneeling, stooping, and repetitive motion.
• Must have good balance and coordination.
• The physical requirements of this position are: exerting up to 25 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently.
• The Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity, such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; viewing a computer; or extensive reading.
• The conditions to which the Employee will be subject in this position: The Employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions; job functions are typically performed under conditions such as those found in general office or administrative work.