Posted in General Business 1 day ago.
Location: North Sutton, New Hampshire
Signing Bonus for these positions
**Essential Job Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities**
Second shift works 4 10 hour days, Mon-Thur,. Enjoy long weekends and less commuting time and costs. Opportunities for overtime.
Looking for machinists to work with great products and equipment in a team environment.
The individual in this position is expected to be proficient or trainable in set-up, programming and operating machine tools specific to Labsphere's machine shop to fabricate metallic and non-metallic parts in a team environment. It is expected that this individual will be capable of working without close supervision after training, able to prioritize own work to meet customer due dates and inspect own product output to ensure quality. The individual in this position must be able to manufacture parts from blueprints and/or CAD models.
- Reads blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals and specifications to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished part, sequence of operations, and setup and tooling requirements. Demonstrates basic set-up and thought process for sequence of operations.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or work piece as guides for the lay out of subsequent machining.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, and/or any other Labsphere machine equipment.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications, using the appropriate measuring equipment. Understands how, or able to learn, to use optical comparator height gauge, sine plate, indicators, micrometers, verniers, depth mics, bore gauges, etc.
- Verifies dimensions by using inspection equipment such as micrometers, verniers, gage pins pitch micrometers, etc.
- Sets up and operates machine on test run to verify accuracy of machine settings. Updates program to latest revision for pre-programmed parts as needed.
- Meets standard times on routers and reports to supervisor when deviating from standard time.
- Reports to supervisor any conflict or problem that will interrupt the flow of work in the Machine Shop work environment.
- Follows Labsphere's safety policy in the machining area.
- Confers with immediate supervisor or other machinists if supervisor is unavailable to resolve machining problems.
- Employee will be required to use Labsphere's paperless time keeping terminal to log tome against open work orders. The employee will also be required to job on and off at breaks as well as complete transactions to transfer part to inventory or out-plant.
- Utilizing Labsphere's continuous improvement process, employees will be required to contribute to the improvement of any and all machine shop processes.
- The employee will be required to maintain good housekeeping, safety, and organizational habits. At the end of each work shift the employee is required to clean his/her machine and the immediate floor area around the machine. Employee will be required to clean on a rotating basis with other employees, other areas of the shop and machinery that are less susceptible to chip build-up but do require less frequent cleaning. (ex. cutoff saws) All community tooling should be placed back in its proper storage location for the next person's use.
- Other duties as assigned.
**General Requirements (Education, Experience, Attributes of Successful Candidate)**
- High school diploma or equivalent. Associates degree from a Technical College preferred. Previous experience in a machine shop a plus.
- Ability to work independently from a set of instructions.
- Ability to effectively perform all of the above mentioned essential job functions.