Posted in General Business 5 days ago.
Location: Lisbon Falls, Maine
**Statement of the Job:**
This position will provide educational support for the 4-H STEM Ambassadors educational program through collaboration with the 4-H Science leadership staff. 4-H STEM Ambassadors are college students who facilitate STEM activities with youth in the community. The primary goal of this position will be to strengthen 4-H STEM Ambassador programs in partnership with community colleges, specifically Southern Maine Community College (South Portland), Central Maine Community College (Auburn) and Kennebec Valley Community College (Fairfield). 4-H is a non-formal, experiential education program for youth, and adults working with those youth, to develop life skills necessary to be self-directing, productive and contributing members of society. This position will manage and support 4-H STEM Ambassador volunteers and community partners. The University of Maine Cooperative Extension invites applications for a part-time Professional.
**Essential Duties & Responsibilities**:
- Develop and maintain relationships with 4-H STEM Ambassadors, campus based faculty, community partners and 4-H staff in identified locations for priority work.
- Maintains records of activities and develops summary reports of Extension programs.
- Provides orientation and training to 4-H STEM Ambassadors and supports them in carrying out the educational mission of the 4-H program.
- Coordinates 4-H STEM Ambassador volunteer efforts.
- Delivers educational programs using established curriculum.
- Manage and coordinate 4-H Science toolkits as resources for 4-H STEM Ambassadors.
- Other reasonable related duties as assigned.
American Academy of Family Physicians