Posted in Other 4 days ago.
Location: Norfolk, Virginia
With 90,000 people on five continents, SUEZ is a world leader in smart and sustainable resource management. We provide water and waste management solutions that enable cities and industries optimize their resource management and strengthen their environmental and economic performances.
The ICA Specialist provides electrical, mechanical, controls, and automation support to the Services plant teams. Works closely with the plant technicians, supply chain COE, and technical service teams providing troubleshooting and maintenance support focused on instrumentation, controls, and/or automation associated with Reverse Osmosis (RO) and Deionization (DI) systems and other water treatment technologies. This individual will provide support to all five plants in the NAM Services organization as well as field operations (customer sites) as needed. Support at these sites maybe remote or on-site depending on requirements. May also serve as part of project team to execute plant capex projects.
- Equipment installation and start-ups at customer locations.
- Working knowledge of typical instrumentation used in water treatment systems and be able to perform calibrations and configuration of such devices.
- Support and maintain our remote monitoring equipment and devices for our asset performance monitoring system- InSight
- Provides troubleshooting and technical support in person, via phone and/or electronically
- Works closely with the engineering group to produce accurate and complete documentation and drawings
- Must be able to read and follow schematics, P&IDs, and mechanical drawings and controls documentation.
- Correctly sizes and specifies wire, conduit, switches, panels, fuses, circuit breakers, etc.
- Assist in developing operations and training manuals, such as written functional control description.
- Assist and train service technicians regarding automation and instrumentation within SUEZ equipment/systems
- Review and advise team members of operational procedures and requirements for working safely with electrical/electronic and mechanical equipment and components.
- High School Diploma, GED., Home School Certification or international equivalent to a High School Diploma.
- BS in relevant field or 5+ equivalent experience as an electrician/controls technician, programing, HMI/PLC
- Working knowledge and experience of PLC & HMI/SCADA programming and troubleshooting (Rockwell, GE-IP/Emerson preferred)
- Working knowledge and experience with industrial networking and fieldbus'
- Ability to read and interpret instruction and safety manuals.
- Mathematical skills, including math operations in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions, decimals, ratio and percentage.
- Ability and willingness to travel ~40%
Please Note: The Norfolk VA area is the ideal location for this role. Qualified candidates outside of this area will be considered