Posted in General Business 8 days ago.
Location: Newark, Delaware
The Stock Borrow Loan (SBL) desk is part of the Prime Finance Organization. SBL undertakes various trade structures ranging from short coverage, financing, conduit lending, dividend yield enhancement and the facilitation of longer-term non-standard structured deals. To support this, SBL borrows stock from counterparties based in various countries around the world and flows this stock through multiple legal entities onto the relevant risk entity.
The Stock Borrow Loan Middle office's main function is to facilitate and control the end to end life cycle of Equity Borrow / Loan activity in NA. Liaison with external counterparties & traders on a day-to-day basis. Regulatory reporting, client onboarding and collateral (cash and stock) management are the main functions of the team along with the control and clearance of all exceptions and cash flows that the trade lifecycle creates.
The SBL Middle Office analyst role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including the ability to:
• Perform daily collateral exposure management
• Manage counterparty relationships
• Support the daily requirements of the SBL Front Office
• Liaison with clients, counterparties and traders to investigate & resolve any trade exceptions
• Reconciliation & investigation of all key controls within the trade life-cycle.
• Production of daily metrics in relation to key risk and performance indicators
• Support the regulatory reporting requirements.
• Support the new and incremental client onboarding agenda, working with KYC, Legal and Credit team.
• Exception management updates to management
• Well motivated and enthusiastic
• Good communication skills and ability to develop good relationships with internal and external parties.
• Highly numeric person with excellent attention to detail in all areas.
• Ability to work in a pressurised environment, meeting tight deadlines on a daily basis
• Ability to work as a team player
• Strong Data analytics and accuracy
• Demonstrate understanding of how operations interacts with relevant businesses
• Ensure awareness of and compliance with relevant policies, controls, regulations and escalation protocols
• Proactively identify areas for improving process quality, control, and productivity.
• Build working level awareness of digital ops tools leveraging the Firm's online and classroom training
• Proficient with excel
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans