Country Delite Farms, a DFA company, is seeking a Dispatcher to work in our Nashville Plant.
We offer competitive pay, affordable and comprehensive benefits package including Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, paid time off, and career growth opportunities!
- Starting Rate: $19.00 per hour
Health and Welfare benefits begin the 1st day of the month following date of hire!
Paid Time Off acrrual begins the 1st day of the month following date of hire!
Shift: Tuesday-Saturday 10AM-6PM
Job Description & Requirements
- The dispatcher is responsible for scheduling all outbound shipments for the location and for working with purchasing to fill back hauls for cost-effective transport whenever possible.
- Seek and negotiate the lowest carrier costs.
- Determine daily shipping needs for the facility.
- Assemble orders that make up outgoing loads.
- Input/maintain accurate data regarding carriers, deliveries, and costs in IT systems and reports.
- Maximize carrier load weights and volume by coordinating orders with other Dean Facilities.
- Dispatch approved carriers and confirm load date/time and delivery date/time.
- Monitor loads for pick*up and delivery to customer as agreed
- Match proof of deliveries and approval of carrier invoices. Validate all charges.
- Maintain customer proof of delivery/Bills of Lading files.
- Work with inventory control to optimize warehouse space and minimize costs.
- Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
- Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area.
- Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 6 months related experience required.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Experience within the transportation industry preferred.
- Must be able to sit for virtually the entire shift.
- Able to lift up to 10 pounds and assist others when lifting is required.
- Must be able to operate a computer, phone and other office equipment.
- Work Environment is a typical office setting.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
- Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to pass all pre*employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).
Equal Opportunity Employer
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
California applicants, click here for information regarding the data collection notice for California Consumer Privacy Act.