Posted in Transportation 30+ days ago.
Location: New York, New York
City Experiences is seeking a Boat Painter for our City Cruises Operation in NYC
City Experiences’ passion is to provide amazing experiences on land and water. Our 40- year success through organic growth and acquisitions has resulted in a portfolio of over 25+ brands that welcome upwards of 30 million guests/riders annually. If you’re an enthusiastic team player who thrives in an environment where communication, creativity, and cooperation are encouraged, this may just be the opportunity for you.
About the Opportunity:
As a boat painter you will be expected to perform all types of painting preparation, painting, sanding, grinding, welding, carpentry, and other various tasks. This position includes light cleaning duties, and general maintenance duties as assigned.
This position will require the successful candidate to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
This person will be adaptable, dynamic, and embody City Experiences’ RESPECT Service System.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform the painting, abrasive grinding/sanding, taping, priming, and varnishing of all assigned vessels, buildings, and docks.
• Perform grinding, welding, and metal repairs on all boats, docks, and buildings as assigned.
• Demonstrates good knowledge of paints, coatings, finishes & varnish applications, and uses best practices in performing all work.
• Assist in wallpaper, drywall, and light carpentry repairs, and general maintenance as assigned.
• Assist cleaning crew in keeping all areas in a show ready condition if possible.
• Perform some cleaning duties as needed. (i.e. vacuuming, sweeping, etc.).
• Inventory, control, and properly store, paint, solvents, abrasives, painting equipment, and tools in an orderly fashion.
• Provide support to other departments on a case by case basis as assigned.
• Assist in determining parts, supplies, and material requirements for efficient and successful job accomplishment.
• Ensure all the proper safety and personal protect equipment (PPE) is used according to company policy.
• Additional job duties as assigned.
Requirement & Qualifications
• Driver’s License.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent.
• Five years of Marine Painting experience preferred
• Shipyard work and experience.
• Welding, grinding, and torch experience. (Certifications are a plus).
The RESPECT Service System embodies City Experiences’ mission, vision, values, and operating principles. By creating a company culture that puts RESPECT at its core, we believe it will drive us to achieve our goal of becoming a Global Experiences and Transportation Leader
City Experiences is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military status, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additional, City Experiences participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.
Pursuant to applicable State and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
See job description
American Senior Communities LLC
American Senior Communities LLC