32275 32nd Ave S, Federal Way, Washington, 98001, United States of America
This position processes patient insurance information provided by facilities through the patient intake process to complete the patient registration process. This position ensures timely and accurate claims submission for assigned dialysis centers within a geographic region in accordance with company policies and in compliance with federal and state billing regulations.
*Initiate and/or maintain ongoing communication with facilities to ensure timely, accurate receipt of patient insurance coverage information
*Verify patient insurance with payors including eligibility and benefits related to outpatient kidney dialysis
*Update Patient Registration and associated systems accurately and as required
*Coordinate and partner closely with Patient Referral Coordinators (PRC) to obtain required documentation for successful patient registration
*Partner with facility and Insurance Management Team to resolve incomplete registrations
*Resolve patient account errors that cause registration denials
*Help identify process changes to prevent failed registrations
*Determine Coordination of Benefits as required; maintain current patient account information at all times
*Submit internal requests including but not limited to ICRs, SMARTFORMS, PCS Inquiries, SPA Requests, etc. to ensure accurate and timely claims submission to the correct payors
*Complete all ancillary reports and assigned projects within established timeframes
*Maintain confidentiality of all company and patient information in accordance with HIPAA regulations and DaVita policies
With DaVita, you have the chance to work hard, be competitive, and have FUN doing it. AND you'll never have to wear a tie again!
Individuals in this role work with Insurance Payers to research and resolve accounts on behalf of our first-class patients. While research and resolution is often conducted by phone, resolution is also achieved through email and insurance carrier portals.
* Identify trends and perform root cause analysis on unpaid and underpaid claims
* Research and resolve claim rejections, underpayments, and denials with appropriate insurance payor
* Develop and maintain positive working relationships with clinical personnel, teammates, and insurance representatives
* High school diploma or GED, required
* Associates or Bachelor's degree, highly preferred
* Ability to research and problem solve, using analytical and critical thinking skills
* Healthcare and medical billing/collections experience is preferred
* Intermediate computer proficiency in Microsoft Office including: Word, Excel, and Outlook
* Demonstrated history of resolving challenging issues
* Deeply built values of TEAM!
What's in it for you? Here's what we bring to the table:
* A Fun, relationships-based culture-patient- and teammate-driven team
* Working for a company stability-as the nation's largest independent provider of dialysis services
* Receive award winning training, as note in Training Magazine Top 125 award-winning education
* Opportunity for multiple career paths across a variety of cutting-edge modalities
* Rewards for your STELLAR performance
* Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average-treating more than one-third of the dialysis population (that's approximately 100,000 patients!)
* Exceptional benefits-including the healthcare industry's most generous profit sharing program
Most importantly...The best fit candidate for this position is someone who can connect strongly with our Core Values and be a shoe in with our Culture. We know our new Patient Account Representative is out there…and we look forward to hearing from you!
To learn more about us and explore our nationwide opportunities check out our website at http://careers.davita.com!
What We'll Provide:
More than just pay, our DaVita Rewards package connects teammates to what matters most. Teammates are eligible to begin receiving benefits on the first day of the month following or coinciding with one month of continuous employment. Below are some of our benefit offerings.
Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) match, paid time off, PTO cash out
Support for you and your family:
Family resources, EAP counseling sessions, access Headspace®, backup child and elder care, maternity/paternity leave and more
At DaVita, we strive to be a community first and a company second. We want all teammates to experience DaVita as "a place where I belong." Our goal is to embed Diversity & Belonging into everything we do in our Village, so that it becomes part of who we are. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. As such, individuals are recruited, hired, assigned and promoted without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
Salary/ Wage Range
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies and experience and may fall outside of the range shown. DaVita offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k match, healthcare coverage and a broad range of other benefits. Learn more at https://careers.davita.com/benefits